Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Leblond 13" Regal

Need gear for lathe/ OD-2.42",Thickness-0.625,Bore-0.6825,32
teeth,keyway-0.190
Broke a tooth on my gear. Would like to get a copy of a manual
ser.B7628. great shape.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
Need gear for lathe/
OD-2.42",Thickness-0.625,Bore-0.6825,32
teeth,keyway-0.190
Broke a tooth on my gear. Would like to get a
copy of a manual
ser.B7628. great shape.

Have you tried Leblond?
http://www.leblondusa.com/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jun 21, 12:30*am, "BillM" wrote:
wrote in message

Need gear for lathe/
OD-2.42",Thickness-0.625,Bore-0.6825,32
teeth,keyway-0.190
Broke a tooth on my gear. Would like to get a
copy of a manual
ser.B7628. great shape.

Have you tried Leblond?http://www.leblondusa.com/

I Have Bill. Was trying to find a used gear. They want $253. for their
gear .Thought I'd try and find one elsewhere first.
Thanks
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message

Have you tried
Leblond?http://www.leblondusa.com/

I Have Bill. Was trying to find a used gear.
They want $253. for their
gear .Thought I'd try and find one elsewhere
first.
Thanks

They ARE kind of proud of the parts aren't
they!! I've got a 1948 14.5" South Bend,
and I am truly amazed at what they think parts
are worth for it.

1. Fix your old gear. One broken tooth? Build
it up and grab the files.

2. Straight spur gear? Figure out if it's
14.5 or 20 degree, buy the right gear,
bore and key as needed. Lot's of sources
out there. I use Linn Gear a lot
because they are local. Martin, Boston
Gear are a couple of others.
Decent gear to start with will probably be
under $30.

Bill

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 06:51:23 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Jun 21, 12:30*am, "BillM" wrote:
wrote in message

Need gear for lathe/
OD-2.42",Thickness-0.625,Bore-0.6825,32
teeth,keyway-0.190
Broke a tooth on my gear. Would like to get a
copy of a manual
ser.B7628. great shape.

Have you tried Leblond?
http://www.leblondusa.com/

I Have Bill. Was trying to find a used gear. They want $253. for their
gear .Thought I'd try and find one elsewhere first.
Thanks

==========
Would a gear made out of iron or steel work? Those gold gears
are expensive.....

Have you checked the Boston gear catalog? They may have one that
you can modify. [Still won't be cheap.]

Unka' George [George McDuffee]
He that will not apply new remedies,
must expect new evils:
for Time is the greatest innovator: and
what shall be the end?

Essays, "Of Innovations" (1597-1625).

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Jun 21, 12:30 am, "BillM" wrote:
wrote in message

Need gear for lathe/
OD-2.42",Thickness-0.625,Bore-0.6825,32
teeth,keyway-0.190
Broke a tooth on my gear. Would like to get a
copy of a manual
ser.B7628. great shape.

Have you tried Leblond?
http://www.leblondusa.com/

I Have Bill. Was trying to find a used gear. They want $253. for their
gear .Thought I'd try and find one elsewhere first.
Thanks

Would a gear made out of iron or steel work? Those gold gears
are expensive.....

Would it not be a bronze gear possibly?

LeBlond chuck base plate needed 2-3/8" x 5 tpi Ernie Leimkuhler Metalworking 3 February 25th 06 02:17 AM
LeBlond 13" Regal mac Metalworking 14 January 18th 05 05:43 AM
Help with LeBlond please Martin Perry Metalworking 0 August 21st 04 02:19 PM
LeBlond Mike G Metalworking 1 February 24th 04 01:38 AM
WTB LeBlond Parts Mike G Metalworking 0 October 5th 03 01:13 AM