Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Next source question: cobalt drill bits in SF peninsula?

I used to get them at Fastenall in Mountain View, but now they only
sell them in packs of 12. I'm not going to pay $100 just to get two bits
I need. Anybody else sell them locally?

--
-Ed Falk,
http://thespamdiaries.blogspot.com/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Edward A. Falk wrote:

I used to get them at Fastenall in Mountain View, but now they only
sell them in packs of 12. I'm not going to pay $100 just to get two bits
I need. Anybody else sell them locally?

I have them individually delivered over night by operatives in unmarked
brown trucks. Saves gas.

http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRAR2?...1&PMAV ID=639

426 sizes of jobber cobalt available as of 10:46 AM PDT.
Many, many other types available.

http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRHI?PMSECT=0000000600

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

OSH sells them as does Ace Hardware or any machine shop supply house.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.

"Edward A. Falk" wrote in message
I used to get them at Fastenall in Mountain View, but now they only
sell them in packs of 12. I'm not going to pay $100 just to get two bits
I need. Anybody else sell them locally?

--
-Ed Falk,
http://thespamdiaries.blogspot.com/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
Roger Shoaf wrote:
OSH sells them as does Ace Hardware or any machine shop supply house.

Yes, I saw them at my corner Ace Hardware yesterday. I swear they
didn't use to be this readily available. Nice to know.

Cobalt drill bits?? EricP UK diy 22 June 14th 07 10:46 AM
Which Style Drill Bits to Buy? / Opinions on Craftsman Drill Bits? JWho Metalworking 18 November 20th 05 07:07 AM
Cleveland Cobalt Twist Drill on eBay WF Metalworking 0 October 1st 05 08:00 PM
How do you cut off Cobalt tool bits to length? Clark Magnuson Metalworking 6 January 24th 05 06:30 AM
Technique for drilling with cobalt bits Bob Engelhardt Metalworking 30 October 25th 03 08:28 PM