Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Aeroquip fitting for 30mm ID hole?

I have an alloy automotive head casting I want to add an external oil drain
to. It has a perfectly sited core plug of 30mm OD at the rear, into the
bottom of the oil galleries. I have knocked this out, can anyone say what
the nearest size Aeroquip type 90 degree male fitting is I can tap out to
use please? Thanks.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 22:16:52 +0100, Chris Wilson
wrote:

I have an alloy automotive head casting I want to add an external oil drain
to. It has a perfectly sited core plug of 30mm OD at the rear, into the
bottom of the oil galleries. I have knocked this out, can anyone say what
the nearest size Aeroquip type 90 degree male fitting is I can tap out to
use please? Thanks.

A 1 inch (-16 ) fitting is 1 5/16-12. Taps that big are pricey for
one or two uses!

Bob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I have an alloy automotive head casting I want to add an external oil drain
to. It has a perfectly sited core plug of 30mm OD at the rear, into the
bottom of the oil galleries. I have knocked this out, can anyone say what
the nearest size Aeroquip type 90 degree male fitting is I can tap out to
use please? Thanks.

A 1 inch (-16 ) fitting is 1 5/16-12. Taps that big are pricey for
one or two uses!

I sold a tap like this a month ago

http://yabe.algebra.com/~ichudov/mis...-5-16-12-Taps/

For sale is a set of two Butterfield 1 5/16-12 Taps. One is bottoming
and another is taper. These taps are in excellent condition. All teeth
are sharp and intact, no chips etc.

Bob

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Chris Wilson" wrote in message
.. .
I have an alloy automotive head casting I want to add an external oil drain
to. It has a perfectly sited core plug of 30mm OD at the rear, into the
bottom of the oil galleries. I have knocked this out, can anyone say what
the nearest size Aeroquip type 90 degree male fitting is I can tap out to
use please? Thanks.

Chris,

Any competent machine shop has that tap ready to cut. Check your local
speed shop and find the best head builder in the area. It's a simple job
done all the time for dry sump apps.

Rob

Fraser Competition Engines
Chicago, IL.

Flamerite or other brand electric hole-in-wall fire fitting Tim Smith[_2_] UK diy 2 March 7th 08 02:04 PM
mystery 30mm cast iron pipe jon UK diy 3 November 8th 06 07:14 PM
fixing hole in ceiling around light fitting deanow27 UK diy 1 May 17th 06 06:25 AM
Retro fitting TRV's - new valve fitting type Tony Collins UK diy 5 November 27th 04 01:12 PM
thin (3.5mm) wood for making small (e.g. 30mm) tiles? Chris Nellist UK diy 14 September 8th 03 11:33 AM