Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Four years late ....

Environmental Science is not a Science. It is a study and a way of being.
Biology is a Pseudo science as well.

It is treated as a science in schools and the Universities, but those of us
that are Scientists know that many of the near and pseudo sciences are not.
They try to be on the higher plain but never really fit just right.

Those with agendas tend to tag their results or methods with great names.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

Hawke wrote:
"Climate assessment forced by court order"
[
By Timothy Gardner

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The Bush administration released a climate change
assessment on Thursday -- four years late and pushed forward by a court

order --
that said human-induced global warming will likely lead to problems like
droughts in the U.S. West and stronger hurricanes.

President George W. Bush's stance on the issue has evolved from denying

climate
science to acknowledging that global warming is happening. In March,

watchdog
groups said Bush's decision to intervene in setting air pollution

standards was
part of a pattern of meddling in environmental science.
In 2006, the Bush government was accused of censoring its scientists on

global
warming, such as NASA expert James Hansen, ...
]
More

And probably packed with the usual winger-lies & anti-science stuff... is
there a signing statement?
--
Cliff

Environmental Science is an Agenda, It deserves to be meddled with.

I'm afraid that you have it backwards. Environmental science is a legitimate
and widely accepted area of science, at least it is to the scientific world.
Global warming deniers are the ones who have an agenda. Always look to who
benefits. Who benefits if there is no such thing as man made global warming?
Why, the people in the business that produce all the carbon emissions. Just
like big Tobacco didn't want to admit to causing cancer businesses that
pollute don't want to admit it does any harm. If only there was a way to
make the deniers of global warming appear to be liberals the right wingers
would all be saying global warming is a scientific fact.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 21:16:57 -0500, "Martin H. Eastburn"
wrote:

Environmental Science is not a Science. It is a study and a way of being.
Biology is a Pseudo science as well.

It is treated as a science in schools and the Universities, but those of us
that are Scientists know that many of the near and pseudo sciences are not.
They try to be on the higher plain but never really fit just right.

Those with agendas tend to tag their results or methods with great names.

Why stop with biology? Lacking a Theory of Everything or Grand Unified
Theory, we might as well stop kidding ourselves and admit that physics
is also a pseudo-science.

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

No, lacking a full sized theory of everything doesn't kill physics.
It is work.

In fact, behind me, is a book I prize that details of String Theory
and M-Theory. The formula is now confined in combining these two
almost complete but overlapping theories. Once they are resolved, then
a few will have that.

But theories come up all of the time. As ideas are proved. The word
is proved, not felt like or thought to be or seems like and feels like.....

Pure science contains facts not feelings.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

wrote:

Environmental Science is not a Science. It is a study and a way of being.
Biology is a Pseudo science as well.

It is treated as a science in schools and the Universities, but those of us
that are Scientists know that many of the near and pseudo sciences are not.
They try to be on the higher plain but never really fit just right.

Those with agendas tend to tag their results or methods with great names.

Why stop with biology? Lacking a Theory of Everything or Grand Unified
Theory, we might as well stop kidding ourselves and admit that physics
is also a pseudo-science.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 02 Jun 2008 21:12:27 -0500, "Martin H. Eastburn"
wrote:

No, lacking a full sized theory of everything doesn't kill physics.
It is work.

In fact, behind me, is a book I prize that details of String Theory
and M-Theory. The formula is now confined in combining these two
almost complete but overlapping theories. Once they are resolved, then
a few will have that.

But theories come up all of the time. As ideas are proved. The word
is proved, not felt like or thought to be or seems like and feels like.....

Pure science contains facts not feelings.

So let me paraphrase what I think you're saying; when the uncertainty
in a given field is reduced to a sufficient degree, it becomes a
legitimate science? What's the standard for when that point is
reached?

wrote:

Environmental Science is not a Science. It is a study and a way of being.
Biology is a Pseudo science as well.

It is treated as a science in schools and the Universities, but those of us
that are Scientists know that many of the near and pseudo sciences are not.
They try to be on the higher plain but never really fit just right.

Those with agendas tend to tag their results or methods with great names.

Why stop with biology? Lacking a Theory of Everything or Grand Unified
Theory, we might as well stop kidding ourselves and admit that physics
is also a pseudo-science.

Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I can give you law after law in Physics.
Can you give me a law that is in Biology ? I can't think of any.
Chemistry - yes
etc.

The fact that boundaries are pushed and developed from time to time
doesn't kill a science.

Biology and others are theories for the most part.

Physics is the pure science - from it branches others including Mathematics.
Much of mathematics was developed to understand and work with physics.

I didn't say if I 'invent' a known law out of chaos makes a science.
It is a massive amount. A law is just that. It happens.

Martin
Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

wrote:

Environmental Science is not a Science. It is a study and a way of being.
Biology is a Pseudo science as well.

It is treated as a science in schools and the Universities, but those of us
that are Scientists know that many of the near and pseudo sciences are not.
They try to be on the higher plain but never really fit just right.

Those with agendas tend to tag their results or methods with great names.

Why stop with biology? Lacking a Theory of Everything or Grand Unified
Theory, we might as well stop kidding ourselves and admit that physics
is also a pseudo-science.

A day late Sacramento Dave Woodworking Plans and Photos 4 September 13th 07 06:09 AM
Coving ... too late ? Mike P UK diy 11 July 30th 07 12:18 AM
OT - Better Late Than Never J T Woodworking 27 January 5th 05 04:47 PM
BETTER LATE TNAN NEVER .. .. .. Woodworking 1 July 30th 03 04:05 AM