Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hey, Gunner ...............

SteveB wrote:
I need ..........

The following DEAD equipment...............

A camera used in a surveillance system.
A box that looks like a battery box.
A small solar collector panel.
A small parabolic antenna off anything, but the dish being about a foot in
diameter.
Enough cables and fittings and important looking stuff to make it look like
the real deal. Must look believable. I'll pay shipping.

Our cabin subdivision was broken into. My cabin was spared, and they think
it was because of my fake cameras. I want to put one mondo one at the main
gate, and have it look ominous.

You got said stuff? You can e mail me at and
we'll talk.

Steve

Sure NOW I find out they're fake....

You might consider adding a couple REAL cameras. I have a nice system
set up with an old PC and 4 web cams. It cycles through the cams and
takes an image every 30 seconds IF they don't detect any motion. If the
motion detectors see something they switch to every second on the camera
that sees the motion. They feed into the PC and are recorded onto one of
three hard drives. Left one bay holding a DVDRW drive so I can pull the
images if I need them for evidence. The cameras are mounted with a
spotlight bulb on either side.

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I need ..........

The following DEAD equipment...............

A camera used in a surveillance system.
A box that looks like a battery box.
A small solar collector panel.
A small parabolic antenna off anything, but the dish being about a foot in
diameter.
Enough cables and fittings and important looking stuff to make it look like
the real deal. Must look believable. I'll pay shipping.

Our cabin subdivision was broken into. My cabin was spared, and they think
it was because of my fake cameras. I want to put one mondo one at the main
gate, and have it look ominous.

You got said stuff? You can e mail me at and
we'll talk.

Steve

--
"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere
critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly,

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article , "SteveB" wrote:

Our cabin subdivision was broken into. My cabin was spared, and they think
it was because of my fake cameras.

You don't think it had anything to do with that skunk that visited you last
week??
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

SteveB wrote:

I need ..........

The following DEAD equipment...............

A camera used in a surveillance system.
A box that looks like a battery box.
A small solar collector panel.
A small parabolic antenna off anything, but the dish being about a foot in
diameter.
Enough cables and fittings and important looking stuff to make it look like
the real deal. Must look believable. I'll pay shipping.

Our cabin subdivision was broken into. My cabin was spared, and they think
it was because of my fake cameras. I want to put one mondo one at the main
gate, and have it look ominous.

You got said stuff? You can e mail me at and
we'll talk.

Steve

Go to SuperCircuits.com and you can probably get the real thing for next
to nothing. They have some really good prices on surveillance equipment.

Jim
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 31 May 2008 23:15:33 GMT, Jim Chandler wrote:
SteveB wrote:

I need The following DEAD equipment...............

A camera used in a surveillance system.
A box that looks like a battery box.
A small solar collector panel.
A small parabolic antenna off anything, but the dish being about a foot in
diameter.
Enough cables and fittings and important looking stuff to make it look like
the real deal. Must look believable. I'll pay shipping.

Our cabin subdivision was broken into. My cabin was spared, and they think
it was because of my fake cameras. I want to put one mondo one at the main
gate, and have it look ominous.

You got said stuff? You can e mail me at and
we'll talk.

Go to SuperCircuits.com and you can probably get the real thing for next
to nothing. They have some really good prices on surveillance equipment.

The hot trick is to put up the out-in-the-open fake camera with the
battery operated blinking red light - and an impact sensor inside
connected to a silent alarm.

And a few feet away you put a well camouflaged real camera (pinhole
or disguised) covering the same area - and get video of the idjits
breaking the fake camera before trying to or actually breaking into
the premises.

-- Bruce --

GUNNER Larry Metalworking 28 August 12th 05 01:32 PM
Hey, Gunner! Larry Jaques Metalworking 14 March 27th 05 09:48 PM
What is this??? Gunner should know Wayne Mak Metalworking 7 August 13th 04 05:25 PM