Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Painted a Wilton machinist vise, maybe it is nuts.

RCM only

On Thu, 29 May 2008 22:12:24 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,
Ignoramus9931 quickly quoth:

On 2008-05-30, Martin H. Eastburn wrote:
I did near the same thing to my son. Built him a 'his size' bench
and put on the 4" vice I got when I was 4. That vice and bench sits in
one of our shop buildings and my wife uses it - awaiting for son to get
his act together and get a place for it. He wants it back.

The bench was built from Yellow Pine studs and is a small tank. Storage
underneath and a peg board at the back.

I didn't get a Wilton then or now. But maybe I will.

I bought three wilton bullet vises at that factory, 3, 4, and 5 inch
vises.

My plan is, 1) sell the 5 incher (the one I painted). That will pay
for the 4 and 3 inchers, in effect. 3) I will keep the 4 incher and 4)
give the 3 inch vise to the kid.

Make sure you remove that triangle of galv on the lower round area of
the main jaw first. A pristine paint job could double or triple the
price. Oh, fix the paint around the sticker, too. (Nasty.

--
I wish the Department of Homeland Security knew what
ol' Unca Doug did, instinctively, so many years ago:

There is no security on this earth, there is only opportunity.
-- General Douglas MacArthur