Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OFFER -- trade Troyke DMT-15 for DMT-12 rotary table

I would like to offer my Troyke DMT-15 rotary table (with cross slide
on top of rotary) as a free trade for a Troyke DMT-12 table.

The obvious reason for me wanting to trade, is that the DMT-15 is too
big for me. I want to downsize the table. I believe that I could
actually lift the DMT-12.

Table is in perfect order with all handles present.

N. Ill local only (shipping costs make this impractical to ship)

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus31588 wrote:

I would like to offer my Troyke DMT-15 rotary table (with cross slide
on top of rotary) as a free trade for a Troyke DMT-12 table.

The obvious reason for me wanting to trade, is that the DMT-15 is too
big for me. I want to downsize the table. I believe that I could
actually lift the DMT-12.

Table is in perfect order with all handles present.

N. Ill local only (shipping costs make this impractical to ship)

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/

Consider a 10" size as well. I have a nice 10" tilting rotary table I
use on my Bridgeport and I find it plenty big. Since it's a tilting unit
and built like a tank (Pratt $ Whitney built) I use my engine hoist or
forklift to load it (whichever is closer).
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-05-19, Pete C. wrote:

Ignoramus31588 wrote:

I would like to offer my Troyke DMT-15 rotary table (with cross slide
on top of rotary) as a free trade for a Troyke DMT-12 table.

The obvious reason for me wanting to trade, is that the DMT-15 is too
big for me. I want to downsize the table. I believe that I could
actually lift the DMT-12.

Table is in perfect order with all handles present.

N. Ill local only (shipping costs make this impractical to ship)

Consider a 10" size as well. I have a nice 10" tilting rotary table I
use on my Bridgeport and I find it plenty big. Since it's a tilting unit
and built like a tank (Pratt $ Whitney built) I use my engine hoist or
forklift to load it (whichever is closer).

I believe that DMT-12 is 9".

The nice thing about those is a cross slide on top.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-05-19, Pete C. wrote:

Ignoramus31588 wrote:

I would like to offer my Troyke DMT-15 rotary table (with cross slide
on top of rotary) as a free trade for a Troyke DMT-12 table.

The obvious reason for me wanting to trade, is that the DMT-15 is too
big for me. I want to downsize the table. I believe that I could
actually lift the DMT-12.

Table is in perfect order with all handles present.

N. Ill local only (shipping costs make this impractical to ship)

Consider a 10" size as well. I have a nice 10" tilting rotary table I
use on my Bridgeport and I find it plenty big. Since it's a tilting unit
and built like a tank (Pratt $ Whitney built) I use my engine hoist or
forklift to load it (whichever is closer).

I believe that DMT-12 is 9".

So much for logical model numbers like -12 = 12" and -15 = 15"

The nice thing about those is a cross slide on top.

Yep that's nice, though you can add it as a separate unit on any rotary
table.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-05-19, Pete C. wrote:

Ignoramus31588 wrote:

I would like to offer my Troyke DMT-15 rotary table (with cross
slide on top of rotary) as a free trade for a Troyke DMT-12 table.

The obvious reason for me wanting to trade, is that the DMT-15 is
too big for me. I want to downsize the table. I believe that I could
actually lift the DMT-12.

Table is in perfect order with all handles present.

N. Ill local only (shipping costs make this impractical to ship)

Consider a 10" size as well. I have a nice 10" tilting rotary table I
use on my Bridgeport and I find it plenty big. Since it's a tilting
unit and built like a tank (Pratt $ Whitney built) I use my engine
hoist or forklift to load it (whichever is closer).

I believe that DMT-12 is 9".

The nice thing about those is a cross slide on top.

How much would you want for the one you have?
I might be interested.

--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-05-19, Pete C. wrote:

Ignoramus31588 wrote:

[...]

The "built in's" are considerably shorter as a rule and are also always
square and on center.

--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-05-19, Pete C. wrote:

Ignoramus31588 wrote:

[...]

The height would be a lot more, though.

The concept of my table is great. It is made very well. I cannot
complain. It is just too big for me.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-05-19, Pete C. wrote:

Ignoramus31588 wrote:

I would like to offer my Troyke DMT-15 rotary table (with cross
slide on top of rotary) as a free trade for a Troyke DMT-12 table.

The obvious reason for me wanting to trade, is that the DMT-15 is
too big for me. I want to downsize the table. I believe that I could
actually lift the DMT-12.

Table is in perfect order with all handles present.

N. Ill local only (shipping costs make this impractical to ship)

Consider a 10" size as well. I have a nice 10" tilting rotary table I
use on my Bridgeport and I find it plenty big. Since it's a tilting
unit and built like a tank (Pratt $ Whitney built) I use my engine
hoist or forklift to load it (whichever is closer).

I believe that DMT-12 is 9".

The nice thing about those is a cross slide on top.

How much would you want for the one you have?
I might be interested.

$300, but I would prefer an exchange.
posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-05-19, Pete C. wrote:

Ignoramus31588 wrote:

[...]

Let me know if you can't find what you need in the way of an exchange.
$300.00 works for me.

--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-05-19, Pete C. wrote:

Ignoramus31588 wrote:

[...]

John... Are you local to me? (IL)
posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-05-19, Pete C. wrote:

Ignoramus31588 wrote:

[...]

No, but I'll pay in advance, send you a crate and have the crated DMT picked
up and run out to California.
These things came in a heavy wooden shipping container. You might or might
not have got it when you picked up the unit originally.
Anyway, UPS will deliver things this size (400 lbs. Aprox. ) and so will Fed
Ex Freight. You probably know better than I do but it shouldn't really cost
all that much.

The first one I bought - many years ago - was over nighted!
Listen, if you come across something like Tom G's Arter let me know. I'm
looking for one of those as well.

Kill the dog (Ubu) to PM me if you like.

--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-05-19, Pete C. wrote:

Ignoramus31588 wrote:

[...]

John, let me sit on it and try to find an exchange. I do not want to
be left fully without a rotary table.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

John,

Are you suppressing the User-Agent: field on purpose or did microshaft come
out with a bad version of OE?

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-05-19, Pete C. wrote:

John, let me sit on it and try to find an exchange. I do not want to
be left fully without a rotary table.

No prob.
Just let me know. I'll hook you up if I come across what you are looking
for.

--
John R. Carroll

An old man goes to the Wizard to ask him if he can remove a curse he has
been living with for the last 40 years.
The Wizard says, "Maybe, but you will have to tell me the exact words that
were used to put the curse on you".
The old man says without hesitation, "I now pronounce you man and wife."

Rotary Table Suggestions Joe AutoDrill Metalworking 4 March 13th 08 07:28 PM
Rotary table binding. Terry Keeley Metalworking 5 September 4th 07 03:44 AM
Rotary table Gerry Metalworking 4 February 25th 06 09:37 PM
Rotary table ID? tokarev Metalworking 1 May 20th 04 12:57 AM
Rotary table help. Todd Rich Metalworking 1 October 6th 03 02:52 PM