Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Sellers 1G drill Grinder parts?

I just bought a model 1G Sellers drill grinder that is missing the
grinding wheel. I didn't think much about the missing wheel when I
bought the grinder but it turns out that finding one is a big deal.

The grinder needs a 5" plate mounted wheel and it seems NOBODY has
that size. I can find 6" wheels all over town but no 5" wheels.

Any idea where I can find a 5" plate mounted wheel?

Gary
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hey Gary,

Not a lot of help. but the Darex E-90 uses a 5" deep-cup wheel. But
it is not plate mounted.

You might try contacting Norton direct and ask them.

Maybe make an adapter plate so you can use a different style, or can
you maybe do some mod to allow the grinder to swing the much more
common 6" plate mount stones?

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

On Mon, 19 May 2008 10:07:56 -0700 (PDT), gary
wrote:

I just bought a model 1G Sellers drill grinder that is missing the
grinding wheel. I didn't think much about the missing wheel when I
bought the grinder but it turns out that finding one is a big deal.

The grinder needs a 5" plate mounted wheel and it seems NOBODY has
that size. I can find 6" wheels all over town but no 5" wheels.

Any idea where I can find a 5" plate mounted wheel?

Gary

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I called Norton. They said they would be happy to make up a special 5"
size wheel if I was willing to order 10 of them. Oh well...

I think the best solution is to make some sort of wheel adapter for
the grinder.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Gary

wrote:

I just bought a model 1G Sellers drill grinder that is missing the
grinding wheel. I didn't think much about the missing wheel when I
bought the grinder but it turns out that finding one is a big deal.

The grinder needs a 5" plate mounted wheel and it seems NOBODY has
that size. I can find 6" wheels all over town but no 5" wheels.

Any idea where I can find a 5" plate mounted wheel?

Gary- Hide quoted text -

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Call sam smith at standard diamond
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

replying to gary, Sergio wrote:
if you steel looking for wheels i have a few

--
for full context, visit https://www.polytechforum.com/metalw...ts-127783-.htm

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

replying to roscoeba60, Michael McCloskey wrote:
I cannot find standard diamond. I am looking for sellers 1g parts. Could you
help me out?

--
for full context, visit https://www.polytechforum.com/metalw...ts-127783-.htm

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

replying to Sergio, Michael McCloskey wrote:
I need a 5" wheel for Sellers 1G grinder

--
for full context, visit https://www.polytechforum.com/metalw...ts-127783-.htm

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

replying to gary, randy wrote:
Radiac was the wheel maker for the 6g Sellers . They may even have some stock
for your sellers. I would also talk to Norton & Radiac about what they use to
bond a wheel to their steel back plates. ...can't be that complicated.

--
for full context, visit https://www.polytechforum.com/metalw...ts-127783-.htm

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

replying to gary, sergio wrote:
if u still need wheels i can spare 1 or 2

--
for full context, visit https://www.polytechforum.com/metalw...ts-127783-.htm