Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default fa - nice metric? facemill - 4 inch diameter

here's the listing - when I got my mill, I bought way too much tooling, some
of this has got to go - this looks like a really really nice facemill, but I
have more than enough now in every size I can imagine needing.

here's the link

there are more adjustments on this thing than I can understand so it must
have been pretty expensive at one time.

--
Bill
www.wbnoble.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I'd look up the wkh inserts.

Sure didn't seem like diamonds, more rectangles or squares. Hum.
Might be nice, but some of the screws are just locks. One set might
be depth adjustments for calibrations.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

William Noble wrote:
here's the listing - when I got my mill, I bought way too much tooling, some
of this has got to go - this looks like a really really nice facemill, but I
have more than enough now in every size I can imagine needing.

here's the link

there are more adjustments on this thing than I can understand so it must
have been pretty expensive at one time.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote in message
I'd look up the wkh inserts.

Sure didn't seem like diamonds, more rectangles or squares. Hum.
Might be nice, but some of the screws are just locks. One set might
be depth adjustments for calibrations.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn

those inserts are trapezoidal - if not a "diamond" shape, there may be
another name. you are right that some of the screws are locks, but it seems
you can adjust (separately) the height and diameter of each cutter, possibly
also the angle. And there are some screws that don't seem to do anything
but they must be there for some reason. Depth of cut is adjusted with shims
placed undeneath the cylinder that holds the part that holds the cutter.
This thing certainly has a lot of parts for a facemill - that's all I can
say about it.
=---