Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Way OT - Outlook Express E-Mail Attachment Question

My inbox is filled with text and HTML messages this morning as usual...
However, every single incoming mail message shows that it has an attachment
even if it doesn't. Same with the other PC here and it is regardless of
which e-mail account we are pulling (have 12 or so here...)

Anyone else experiencing this?

It sure is going to make finding a specific e-mail message in my archives
more difficult.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Found it... Apparently, the new AVG virus scanner option works well, but
Outlook Express thinks that the "no virus" certification at the bottom of
each incoming e-mail is an attachment.

Only way to avoid the attachment icon is to *not* scan incoming e-mails...
Not a very good option indeed.

Hopefully a patch comes out real soon from one side or the other.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 15 May 2008 12:09:54 GMT, "Joe AutoDrill"
wrote:

Found it... Apparently, the new AVG virus scanner option works well, but
Outlook Express thinks that the "no virus" certification at the bottom of
each incoming e-mail is an attachment.

Only way to avoid the attachment icon is to *not* scan incoming e-mails...
Not a very good option indeed.

Hopefully a patch comes out real soon from one side or the other.

The attachment can be turned on or off!
Tools - Advanced settings - Email Scanner - Certification
--

Richard

Email address is valid but remove burrs before sending!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

The attachment can be turned on or off!
Tools - Advanced settings - Email Scanner - Certification

I'm using AVG 8.0.100 I get as far as Certification but don't see a "turn
off certification" option. I can change the actual text, but not remove the
entire certification text process that I can see...

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 15 May 2008 13:55:36 GMT, "Joe AutoDrill"
wrote:

The attachment can be turned on or off!
Tools - Advanced settings - Email Scanner - Certification

I'm using AVG 8.0.100 I get as far as Certification but don't see a "turn
off certification" option. I can change the actual text, but not remove the
entire certification text process that I can see...

You have gone too far go up one to "Email Settings" there are options
here it is not just a header.

--

Richard

Email address is valid but remove burrs before sending!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

The attachment can be turned on or off!
Tools - Advanced settings - Email Scanner - Certification

I'm using AVG 8.0.100 I get as far as Certification but don't see a "turn
off certification" option. I can change the actual text, but not remove
the
entire certification text process that I can see...

You have gone too far go up one to "Email Settings" there are options
here it is not just a header.

Bingo.

Thank you.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote:

Found it... Apparently, the new AVG virus scanner option works well, but
Outlook Express thinks that the "no virus" certification at the bottom of
each incoming e-mail is an attachment.

That is nothing but spam. Like I'm going to trust an email that claims it
is spam free.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Found it... Apparently, the new AVG virus scanner option works well, but
Outlook Express thinks that the "no virus" certification at the bottom of
each incoming e-mail is an attachment.

Only way to avoid the attachment icon is to *not* scan incoming e-mails...
Not a very good option indeed.

Hopefully a patch comes out real soon from one side or the other.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244

V8013-R

Joe
Select in the Email Scanner AVG's control.
Then click on Properties.
You get a box that says Email Scanner at the top right.
Click on the configure button.
Near the top left is Email Scanning with some boxes checked.
Check Incomming Mail and to the lower right of that one is
Certify Mail. Leave the Email Scanning Check Imcomming Mail checked
and un check Certify Mail. You will still have the emails scanned but
the message won't be added to the emails.
Dave Foreman
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Joe
Select in the Email Scanner AVG's control.
Then click on Properties.
You get a box that says Email Scanner at the top right.
Click on the configure button.
Near the top left is Email Scanning with some boxes checked.
Check Incomming Mail and to the lower right of that one is
Certify Mail. Leave the Email Scanning Check Imcomming Mail checked
and un check Certify Mail. You will still have the emails scanned but
the message won't be added to the emails.
Dave Foreman

Correct and thank you.
--

Regards,