Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Vendors for Custom Die Sets?

Can someone refer me to a vendor who can either create a custom die set or
help adapt a standard one to our application? We have a steel rule die
that will be mounted in acrylic. We want to set that acrylic plate into
a die set that will let us look down through the center of the steel rule,
so we can precision place label paper with printing below the steel rule
die. The steel rule is very small, typically not larger than 2 inch by 1
inch, so our tolerances for a manual operation are fairly tight. The
application is low volume, so we want to get the cheapest solution that
allows precision cutting of the label.

We were hoping to get a tool with a standard dimension of something like 4
inch by 4 inch, so we could have the steel rule die set into a holder, and
we would then be able to re-use that one die set with many different labels.

Any ideas on how to best accomplish this application, as well as names of
vendors who can help create/customize the die set, are appreciated.

We already have a vendor for the steel rule die itself.

--
Will

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 8 May 2008 17:29:21 -0700, "Will"
wrote:

Can someone refer me to a vendor who can either create a custom die set or
help adapt a standard one to our application?

http://www.danly.com/QuotesDieSets.html

Danly will modify their die sets to your print.

--
Ned Simmons