Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Roomba in Shop?

We keep the shop very clean but I'm looking for an easier way to collect
dust bunnies and small "stuff" that the guys miss when sweeping. I don't
want to go to a manual vacuum. I was thinking of using a roomba device
nightly. Any thoughts?

We don't get metal ships or anything on the floor where this would be used,
only general dust and sometimes small pieces of cardboard and paper, etc.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Joe AutoDrill" fired this volley in

We keep the shop very clean but I'm looking for an easier way to
collect dust bunnies and small "stuff" that the guys miss when
sweeping. I don't want to go to a manual vacuum. I was thinking of
using a roomba device nightly. Any thoughts?

We don't get metal ships or anything on the floor where this would be
used, only general dust and sometimes small pieces of cardboard and
paper, etc.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244

V8013-R

Unless you're planning on running it only at night, a Roomba can be a
tripping hazard, and should not be used in traffic areas.

How about wall scuppers so that dustpan work becomes unnecessary?

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Unless you're planning on running it only at night, a Roomba can be a
tripping hazard, and should not be used in traffic areas.

How about wall scuppers so that dustpan work becomes unnecessary?

At night only...

Can't because of the way the furniture / machines are arranged in the area
we are talking about. The Roomba fits under the stuff whereas the workers
don't.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 02 May 2008 07:21:02 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com volleyed:

How about wall scuppers so that dustpan work becomes unnecessary?

LLoyd

The neighbours might start to get ****ed about that :-)

Mark Rand
RTFM
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 2, 8:17 am, "Joe AutoDrill" wrote:
We keep the shop very clean but I'm looking for an easier way to collect
dust bunnies and small "stuff" that the guys miss when sweeping. I don't
want to go to a manual vacuum. I was thinking of using a roomba device
nightly. Any thoughts?

We don't get metal ships or anything on the floor where this would be used,
only general dust and sometimes small pieces of cardboard and paper, etc.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:http://www.AutoDrill.com
Multiple Spindle Drills:http://www.Multi-Drill.com

V8013-R

I *just* saw they came out with a heavy-duty shop roomba.

Dave

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article KMDSj.12418$Yo2.7378@trndny01,
"Joe AutoDrill" wrote:

Unless you're planning on running it only at night, a Roomba can be a
tripping hazard, and should not be used in traffic areas.

How about wall scuppers so that dustpan work becomes unnecessary?

At night only...

Can't because of the way the furniture / machines are arranged in the area
we are talking about. The Roomba fits under the stuff whereas the workers
don't.

The traditional approach is to wet-mop the floors nightly. The big
noodle mops can reach under anything that a Roomba can. A wet mop is
far more effective in depressing the dust inventory than any vacuum
cleaner.

Joe Gwinn
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

The traditional approach is to wet-mop the floors nightly. The big
noodle mops can reach under anything that a Roomba can. A wet mop is
far more effective in depressing the dust inventory than any vacuum
cleaner.

For lack of a better way to describe our situation, I think we might be too
lazy to do that when it comes to cleaning... But you are right, that is the
best way.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Note that iRobot sells a Roomba intended for shop use (the Dirt Dog),
and a Roomba that mops (the Scooba).
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Joe Pfeiffer wrote:

Note that iRobot sells a Roomba intended for shop use (the Dirt Dog),
and a Roomba that mops (the Scooba).

But my favorite is still the Woomba, an SNL parody which appeared
several years ago when the first Roombas hit the market.

If you missed it I put the video he

http://members.aol.com/jeffwkrp/woomba.wmv

Jeff (Who is keying this in his office about a mile away from the Irobot
corporation's headquarters in Burlington, Taxachusetts.)

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Joe AutoDrill wrote:

We keep the shop very clean but I'm looking for an easier way to collect
dust bunnies and small "stuff" that the guys miss when sweeping. I don't
want to go to a manual vacuum. I was thinking of using a roomba device
nightly. Any thoughts?

How many square feet? Perhaps multiple 'Dirt Dogs' are necessary.

http://www.irobot.com/sp.cfm?pageid=272

My Dirt Dog fills up quickly just in a 20' x 20' gar.. shop space.

I really like pressing the 'on' button and leaving for the morning.
When I get back, the floor is much cleaner and the robot is charging
itself. It does a much better job than I do. Wouldn't be without it.

--Winston

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 02 May 2008 18:23:44 -0400, Jeff Wisnia
wrote:

But my favorite is still the Woomba, an SNL parody which appeared
several years ago when the first Roombas hit the market.

If you missed it I put the video he

http://members.aol.com/jeffwkrp/woomba.wmv

Jeff (Who is keying this in his office about a mile away from the Irobot
corporation's headquarters in Burlington, Taxachusetts.)

And isn't Amy Pohler, who appears that skit, from Burlington?

That reminded me of this recent SNL bit...
http://video.aol.com/partner/hulu/sa...VXNeb0P0VewzpB

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 02 May 2008 18:23:44 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, Jeff
Wisnia quickly quoth:

Joe Pfeiffer wrote:

Note that iRobot sells a Roomba intended for shop use (the Dirt Dog),
and a Roomba that mops (the Scooba).

But my favorite is still the Woomba, an SNL parody which appeared
several years ago when the first Roombas hit the market.

If you missed it I put the video he

http://members.aol.com/jeffwkrp/woomba.wmv

Jeff (Who is keying this in his office about a mile away from the Irobot
corporation's headquarters in Burlington, Taxachusetts.)

Most excellent, sir. Har! I miss SNL, but _not_ TV.

http://tinyurl.com/37gth4 One for the newly-homeless folks!

--
Those who flee temptation generally leave a forwarding address.
-- Lane Olinghouse
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

But my favorite is still the Woomba, an SNL parody which appeared
several years ago when the first Roombas hit the market.

If you missed it I put the video he

http://members.aol.com/jeffwkrp/woomba.wmv

Jeff (Who is keying this in his office about a mile away from the Irobot
corporation's headquarters in Burlington, Taxachusetts.)

And isn't Amy Pohler, who appears that skit, from Burlington?

Yep....And there's TWO "e"s in her name.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0688132/

That reminded me of this recent SNL bit...
http://video.aol.com/partner/hulu/sa...VXNeb0P0VewzpB

Saw that one recently...

Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

iRobot Scooba / Roomba komobu Home Repair 16 June 28th 07 09:11 PM
Roomba vs. Trilobite aniram Home Ownership 23 February 24th 05 02:49 AM
Roomba asd Home Ownership 6 December 31st 04 08:33 PM
OT Roomba robotic floor sweepers Capitol UK diy 4 August 4th 04 07:04 PM
Roomba Vacuum cleaner question SteveB Home Repair 19 February 27th 04 07:41 PM