Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - As the noose tightens on the progun crowd...

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

'Dunno, strabo. If anyone ever wrote and enforced laws that made sense, we
might find out. But when they pass laws to prevent committed psychotics from
buying guns over the counter, and then don't bother to put the names of
those people in the database, you have to wonder if they're serious.
Likewise, when they record the serial numbers of guns at the time of sale
and then the ATF doesn't track guns confiscated in crimes back to the
source, to prosecute the proxy buyers, you have to wonder if they have the
sense that God gave a grape.

The whole system is so riddled with holes and lapses of judgment that no one
really knows if we could stem the use of guns in crime, or not. So far, it's
all a bunch of political posturing and falling down on the real job. It's a
political farce masquerading as crime prevention.

Well I have a simple solution. Good guys kill bad guys or just pose a
credible threat so bad guys start thinking crime doesn't pay. As it is, the
worst areas have unarmed citizens in them.

The definition of nuts if left to a liberal would include 40% of the
population. Just an estiment.

Theft, straw purchases, illegal sales will always work for a prohibited
person.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller