Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Chop saw

I have a 5 year old or so Delta chop saw. It does not seem to cut as
well anymore even with a new blade. Are there brushes or something
that need to be replaced? How do I go about that?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"stryped" wrote in message
I have a 5 year old or so Delta chop saw. It does not seem to cut as
well anymore even with a new blade. Are there brushes or something
that need to be replaced? How do I go about that?

Write another post and start another thread about the same subject?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 14, 8:10*pm, "SteveB" wrote:
"stryped" wrote in message

I have a 5 year old or so Delta chop saw. It does not seem to cut as
well anymore even with a new blade. Are there brushes or something
that need to be replaced? How do I go about that?

Write another post and start another thread about the same subject?

Sorry, I did not think my origional post took.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 07:34:24 -0700 (PDT), stryped
wrote:

On Apr 14, 8:10*pm, "SteveB" wrote:
"stryped" wrote in message

I have a 5 year old or so Delta chop saw. It does not seem to cut as
well anymore even with a new blade. Are there brushes or something
that need to be replaced? How do I go about that?

Write another post and start another thread about the same subject?

Sorry, I did not think my origional post took.

Usenet Newsgroups isn't like Instant Messaging.

You are reading from Google Groups, which is a *******ized Web
front-end (that started out as DejaNews, an archiving service) to a
Text-based store-and-forward message system that has existed almost
since the very beginnings of ARPA-net (1978-ish IIRC)

This dates to long before the public World Wide Intertubes, where
now they'll just let anyone with subscription money in... ;-)

Most of us are reading with dedicated software, and sending and
receiving posts in batches from dedicated servers at our ISP's - the
only thing that has changed is the messages move a lot faster, at
Millions of bits per second rather than 110 bits per second - slow
enough that a mechanical typewriter-based printer mechanism could
output text without jamming...

Once upon a time when there was no DSL and you paid for all data
calls by the minute, you initiated a modem session, did a send and
receive batch run, then hung up and read and responded to all the
messages offline. Then you made another modem call to send off todays

Your original post has to get passed server to server up the chain
and out to the readers, and in the old days that meant more dial-up
modem calls, these ones long distance and only a few times a day. Now
we have always-on connections and the messages you post can move
'lightning fast!' and only take hours to propagate to everyone.
(Usually an hour or two to go worldwide, but that depends a LOT on
traffic levels.) Then they read and respond, and it can take a few
more hours for the response to get back to your server.

Click the "Show All Headers" on your newsreader, then look at the
separated.

-- Bruce --

Using Chop Saw to Cut Firewood Laurie Forbes Metalworking 4 January 29th 11 08:54 PM
Chop say question stryped[_2_] Metalworking 8 April 17th 08 04:58 AM
Chop! Chop! Weatherlawyer UK diy 10 July 22nd 06 04:50 PM
metal chop saw? Grant Erwin Metalworking 44 November 20th 05 08:31 AM
Update: Which chop saw to buy Tim Woodworking 0 January 28th 05 09:12 PM