Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default looking for ss trim

I'm looking for some stainless steel or chrome trim pieces. 1/2" wide, 1/4"
deep, bullet shaped ends, 12" long. The dimensions are cast in stone, but I
need something in that neighborhood. Probably similar to small trim pieces
on older cars when the manufactures actually put steel trim on them. I don't
have clue where to look for something like this besides scouring the
junk-yards

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jeff Dieterle wrote:
I'm looking for some stainless steel or chrome trim pieces. 1/2" wide, 1/4"
deep, bullet shaped ends, 12" long. The dimensions are cast in stone, but I
need something in that neighborhood. Probably similar to small trim pieces
on older cars when the manufactures actually put steel trim on them. I don't
have clue where to look for something like this besides scouring the
junk-yards

Try your local automobile paint shop -- that sounds a lot like what
ended up on my Dad's '72 Chevy truck several paint jobs ago. I don't
know if it was from a specific car or if it was a generic item, but it
was stick-on, it lasted for over 50000 miles of rough driving, and it
looked just fine.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

What do I really need to cut trim? [email protected] Woodworking 5 June 25th 06 05:53 AM
Looking for trim lemmy UK diy 4 May 5th 06 09:04 AM
Using a trim router bit on 1x2x8 oak trim? N Hurst Woodworking 10 March 1st 06 06:51 PM
Will a flush trim bit plow thru or trim one edge only? bent Woodworking 4 March 1st 06 11:53 AM
Trim saw Javier Henderson Woodworking 3 January 4th 06 12:56 PM