Posted to rec.woodworking
Javier Henderson

Default Trim saw

There's the Porter Cable 4" trim saw, which I tried once and it was
great for things like cutting a sheet of plywood into smaller sections.
It's light weight makes it easy to handle, etc.

Is this the only saw in this size? I haven't been able to find anything
similar by any other brand, at least in corded saws.

-jav
Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Berger

Dewalt makes both a corded and cordless trimsaw. I use the 18 v
cordless all the time. It's great for portability for sheet goods,
but it's also versatile for close trimming for woodwork, etc. while
already installed.

Javier Henderson wrote:
There's the Porter Cable 4" trim saw, which I tried once and it was
great for things like cutting a sheet of plywood into smaller sections.
It's light weight makes it easy to handle, etc.

Is this the only saw in this size? I haven't been able to find anything
similar by any other brand, at least in corded saws.

-jav

Posted to rec.woodworking
Javier Henderson

Mike Berger wrote:
Dewalt makes both a corded and cordless trimsaw. I use the 18 v
cordless all the time. It's great for portability for sheet goods,
but it's also versatile for close trimming for woodwork, etc. while
already installed.

Hello Mike,

Do you know the model or part number for either the cordless or the
corded trim saw by DeWalt? I don't see anything but full size (7 1/2"
blades for the corded, for example) on their website.

Thanks.

-jav
Posted to rec.woodworking
Pig

Makita makes one as well, been around for a long time, corded. I was
tempted to buy one at the recent wood show in NJ, but I would only use
it from time to time and passed. Somehow, I think I'd prefer Makita
over Dewalt, nothing in particular makes me think that way. Mutt