Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Yellow thingy

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 02:15:13 -0700, Jeb wrote:

Gunner wrote:
I went to the swap meet today for the first time in years,
concentrating on tools and whatnot.

Among the various things I bought...near new1" Greenlee conduit bender
($8) etc etc etc...was a tall yellow thingy. Says Phoenix something
or other on the front.

Got this lid cover thing on the top that opens and closes, with a lock
and everything.

Inside was this big can of weilding? rod. Says Certainium 707
Electrodes. Pret near full of these whitish -tan sticks. 50 pounds,
says right on the can.

It was a bitch carrying this thing back to the truck.

When I got it home, I plugged it in..and it got real hot inside.

Whats this thingy used for? Looks like it might make a good cooker
for making pasta, cause its pretty deep and the pasta would hang down
really well. Or even a polish sausage cooker.

And was $20 too much for it?

Good welding rod too - Same as Lincoln "Blue Max".for hard to weld
materials - crack resistant. Good for stainless, cast, what-ever.
Gunner

If it looks like this: http://tinyurl.com/2mmscp
9 cents on the $ ain't bad.

Jeb

yellow pages or yellow book dwolf Woodworking 0 September 4th 07 04:02 PM
DIY Wiki thingy Grunff UK diy 19 June 26th 07 08:13 PM
Cable thingy dcbwhaley UK diy 7 August 4th 06 09:56 AM
TV / FM / Sat. Spliter thingy. Pet UK diy 19 September 5th 04 01:11 AM