Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cable thingy

I am building a desk with a cupboard underneath to house a computer. I
will need to bring cables through the chipboard desk top. Drilling a
three inch hole isn't a problem but I need something to tidy it up.
Our desks at the office have a sort of plastic grommet for that purpose
with a sliding bit to close the hole after you have put the cables
through.

Anybody know where I can buy such a thing?

Dvae

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dcbwhaley formulated on Thursday :
I am building a desk with a cupboard underneath to house a computer. I
will need to bring cables through the chipboard desk top. Drilling a
three inch hole isn't a problem but I need something to tidy it up.
Our desks at the office have a sort of plastic grommet for that purpose
with a sliding bit to close the hole after you have put the cables
through.

Anybody know where I can buy such a thing?

'Borrow' one from work as a sample perhaps?

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 20:11:15 UTC, "dcbwhaley" wrote:

I am building a desk with a cupboard underneath to house a computer. I
will need to bring cables through the chipboard desk top. Drilling a
three inch hole isn't a problem but I need something to tidy it up.
Our desks at the office have a sort of plastic grommet for that purpose
with a sliding bit to close the hole after you have put the cables
through.

Anybody know where I can buy such a thing?

CPC - they call them a 'desk tidy'...

http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSea...tt=desk+tidy&N
ty=1&N=411&Ntk=gensearch

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thank you Bob, just what I need. I would never have thought of looking
under desk tidy.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message .com
from "dcbwhaley" contains these words:

Anybody know where I can buy such a thing?

I've a feeling Ikea sell 'em.

Failing that, Woodfit
http://www.woodfit.com/index.php?cPa...=Cable+Outlets

--
Skipweasel

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 20:51:15 UTC, "dcbwhaley" wrote:

Thank you Bob, just what I need. I would never have thought of looking
under desk tidy.

Neither would I. I went through the same search last autumn...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Guy King wrote:
The message .com
from "dcbwhaley" contains these words:

Anybody know where I can buy such a thing?

I've a feeling Ikea sell 'em.

Failing that, Woodfit
http://www.woodfit.com/index.php?cPa...=Cable+Outlets

Ikea did sell them... as I bought several. That was a while ago though.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from Cuprager contains these words:

Ikea did sell them... as I bought several. That was a while ago though.

Yeah, they came with a one-shot hole saw, didn't they.

--
Skipweasel