Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Making a perfect snow pusher

On Thu, 07 Feb 2008 08:39:54 -0600, Ignoramus29783
wrote:

I have not seen a snow pusher that would actually work well. They are
too small and not too strongly made. Probably the Chinese have not
seen much snow and do not know what is a good snow pusher.

My driveway is almost 24 feet wide. I want to make a pusher that can
retain enough snow (without it falling off the sides or top) so that I
can clear a full swath of the snow from one side to another without me
having to go over and re-push the snow that fell to the sides and over
the top. Due to the width of the driveway, the pusher would not be too
wide or else I won't be able to push it. I was thinking about size
such as 20" wide or so.

I have some stainless sheet, I believe 14 gauge, as well as plasma
cutter etc so I can make any flat shapes.

I wanted to know if anyone tried to make snow pushers here.

Also, is there some easy welding rod for stainless.

Those were common in the U.P. of Michigan in the 60's. Don't know if
they still use 'em or if everyone's gone to snowblowers now.