Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Making a perfect snow pusher

"Ignoramus29783" wrote in message
I have not seen a snow pusher that would actually work well. They are
too small and not too strongly made. Probably the Chinese have not
seen much snow and do not know what is a good snow pusher.

My driveway is almost 24 feet wide. I want to make a pusher that can
retain enough snow (without it falling off the sides or top) so that I
can clear a full swath of the snow from one side to another without me
having to go over and re-push the snow that fell to the sides and over
the top. Due to the width of the driveway, the pusher would not be too
wide or else I won't be able to push it. I was thinking about size
such as 20" wide or so.

I have some stainless sheet, I believe 14 gauge, as well as plasma
cutter etc so I can make any flat shapes.

I wanted to know if anyone tried to make snow pushers here.

Also, is there some easy welding rod for stainless.

yes, believe me a snow pusher has been on my list of things to do for a few
years now.
been looking at them on-line to get an idea.
i have a compact kubota tractor. i scrounged a ATV snow plow my brother was
throwing away a that was given to him as a gift, i wanted to weld 1/4"
plates to both sides but i think it's too small and i wanted to design
something that would be quickly detachable. the quick detach design you see
(kinda forks over a loader bucket) i don't like, it puts the pusher out WAY
too far for my little tractor. puts too much side load on the mechanism. i
want to be able to quickly remove the bucket and put the pusher on and take
it off.
oh, are you talking a manual pusher? sorry, didn't read your post all the
way through.
there's a new thing out with a big wheel, have you seen that? i don't know
if they work well though. http://www.wovel.com/ i was thinking about
building one of those using a old bicycle wheel.