Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Thought for the day

Jerry Foster wrote:

snipped long winded whine about the evils of wealth .?.?.

So, the question becomes a simple one:
Do we allow the few super-rich to win this
for-real Monopoly game and make themselves like
the nobility of the middle ages, controlling all wealth,
property and means of production and leaving the rest of us to
a squalid, impecunious peasantry?

Or do we work toward a fair society which
both allows everyone to enjoy the fruits of their labors (which includes
allowing the more successful among us to become reasonably wealthy), while
observing that basic responsibility of a society which gives it

legitimacy:
the protection of its weakest members?

And a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all...

Jerry

Suffering from male PMS, Jerry?

That cranky time of the month when the credit card bills come in?

Merry Christmas, Jetty!

And a happy new year to r.c.m.

Just a thought Tom D Woodturning 6 February 2nd 06 09:01 PM
Never thought I'd be better off with oil instead of gas... MM UK diy 23 November 30th 05 06:04 PM
thought of the day. :-) ben UK diy 6 August 15th 05 08:24 AM