Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Modifying flat head screws, modified c-sinks; Harold V.

Awl--

I'm putting an "end" or a simple internal aluminum cap on 2.5 x 1.5 x 1/8
channel, with 1/4 or 5/16 thick alum, flush with the end of the channel,
with flat head screws, and thus don't have a lot of room at the edge, before
I break through.

It seems I will have to use 6-32 FH cap screws, and even then turn down the
head, from about .275 to proly .188.
Not really a problem but are there smaller-head cap screws made?

If I do turn them down, I would like the resulting fit in the alum channel
to be as nice as possible, which would mean an 82 deg c-sink, AND a bit of a
..188 cbore, as the edge of the screw head now has a bit of a cylinder to it.

Is there ready-made stuff to do this, or am I going to have to just grind a
..188 drill to 82 deg?

If I do have to grind these (since I cain't hardly see/grind ****), Harold
would you grind a batch for me, and I'll spread Seasons Greetings to all the
HD cashiers, on your behalf, around here in Yonkers?
--
------

Absolutely Vote, but NOT for a Democrat or a Republican.
Ending Corruption in Congress is the *Single Best Way*
to Materially Improve Your Family's Life.
The Solution is so simple--and inexpensive!

AND,
Make sure whomever you do vote for believes in
ABSOLUTE separation of Church & State--ferchrissakes

all d'numbuhs