Loner

Default Plastic buttons for cap-head screws?

On my bike, I have Allen screws which have black plastic buttons/plugs
pressed into the socket head. They hide the screw head and look quite
nice. However, some are missing... does anyone know where I can buy some?
Sorry I'm not sure of their exact name.
Cheers.
:::Jerry::::

"Loner" wrote in message
On my bike, I have Allen screws which have black plastic

buttons/plugs
pressed into the socket head. They hide the screw head and look

quite
nice. However, some are missing... does anyone know where I can buy

some?
Sorry I'm not sure of their exact name.

A bike dealer / shop ? Doh !...

Loner

:::Jerry:::: wrote:

A bike dealer / shop ? Doh !...

Not in any bike dealership I've been in. Doh!
Thanks for your 'help'.
:::Jerry::::

"Loner" wrote in message
:::Jerry:::: wrote:

A bike dealer / shop ? Doh !...

Not in any bike dealership I've been in. Doh!
Thanks for your 'help'.

Have you asked, or have you just looked like the dumb arse you seem to
come over as - any part can be ordered, what do you think they would
have to do if a bike was to arrive from the makers less these parts,
send the complete bake back ?...

Andy Dingley

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 21:56:51 +0100, ":::Jerry::::"
wrote:

Have you asked,

You can't buy such a thing in a bike shop.

any part can be ordered,

No they can't. There are three bike trades in any decent bike shop;
cheap bikes, good bikes and parts. You can get _most_ (but not all)
of the parts for a good bike as separate components from your parts
shelves (customer packaging and all). For the cheapies though, you've
often no hope of getting them, or at least bits in the same
colour/logo. This is still true even if you're in the workshops of
somewhere like Carratti's in Bristol - the vestigial retail shop
window of a major importer. Bikes are imported in boxes and there's
just no channel for shipping individual bits over as "completers".

what do you think they would
have to do if a bike was to arrive from the makers less these parts,
send the complete bake back ?...

If one is missing, you pull the others off and pretend they were never
there. It's a _very_ common problem in bike shops. If it's an
important part, then you stick something else on. Although it's hard
to find "the right part", there's a huge amount of commonality between
bikes (except for rear suspension parts) and you can always kludge
something to fit.

To the OP - just throw the damn things away. They'll drive you mad if
they're on anything you regularly need to adjust.

Loner

:::Jerry:::: wrote:

Have you asked, or have you just looked like the dumb arse you seem to
come over as

LOL.. I'm a dumb arse for asking a question?
Of course I've asked.. and searched on the net, dimbulb.
:::Jerry::::

"Loner" wrote in message
:::Jerry:::: wrote:

Have you asked, or have you just looked like the dumb arse you

seem to
come over as

LOL.. I'm a dumb arse for asking a question?
Of course I've asked.. and searched on the net, dimbulb.

Well, obviously not very hard, for one thing you have asked in the
wrong group !

Jeff

Loner wrote :-

Of course I've asked.. and searched on the net, dimbulb.

Obviously not very well ! a quick google provided this amongst others

http://www.tastynuts.com/acatalog/in...ml&CatalogBody

Regards Jeff

Cuprager

Loner wrote:
:::Jerry:::: wrote:

Have you asked, or have you just looked like the dumb arse you seem to
come over as

LOL.. I'm a dumb arse for asking a question?
Of course I've asked.. and searched on the net, dimbulb.

I would either bin the one you still have or if you like having fancy
twiddly bits that look trick but dont provide any functionality invest
in a set of titanium or similar hexnuts. If you are a racing snake then
they might even make you go faster!!!

Also, ignore the negative useless comments...
Andy Dingley

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 15:02:12 +0100, Cuprager wrote:

invest in a set of titanium or similar hexnuts.

If you want tart-ups, then stick with aluminium. Titanium is
expensive and a real sod for galling. It's especially bad for a Ti
bolt in a Ti frame (my frame bolts are steel for this reason). If you
do use Ti, always use a dab of Copperslip, Loctite or similar. In
general though, they're just not worth the hassle.

Loner

Jeff wrote:

Obviously not very well ! a quick google provided this amongst others

http://www.tastynuts.com/acatalog/in...ml&CatalogBody

Aha!! Thank you Jeff. These are in anodised alloy too - even better!

The problem with searching for them was that I didn't know what they
were called. All I have been able to find so far have been white or
beige screw cap covers for chipboard furniture.

Thanks to those who replied positively Jerry, get constipated.
:::Jerry::::

"Loner" wrote in message
snip

Thanks to those who replied positively Jerry, get constipated.

Loony... err sorry, Loner, find a clue !

Living in an MDF universe Paul Hays Woodworking 19 April 11th 05 12:41 PM
BP Round Ram J Head Adapter? dka Metalworking 1 March 17th 04 04:40 AM
Countersunk screw-head diameter and angle Jim Metalworking 17 March 8th 04 09:45 PM
Printer Reestit Mutton UK diy 16 October 31st 03 10:06 AM
Fisher cassette heads bg Electronics Repair 5 July 30th 03 05:04 AM