Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default A tiny swivel lamp

Warning: metal content.

This is about a dirt-simple cheap way to make a ball swivel for a
little single-LED aimable task light. About a 1.5 meg download with
photos.
http://users.goldengate.net/~dforeman/tiny-swivel-lamp/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

A file and some sandpaper would pretty that up real nice.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 10:16:25 -0600, RoyJ
wrote:

You have way too much time to do nifty things in the shop. I seem to get
to mine only when something is broken and needs to be fixed 10 minutes ago.

Retired and lovin' it. Kurt Vonnegut, in Timequake, wrote: "Make no
mistake, we're put on Earth to fart around."

If we do anything useful enough that anybody'd want to pay for, the
gummint taxes our earnings and docks our social security ... and this
after wanting FICA and FUTA if self-employed as a subS corp. Make
saleable soup as a senior, the gimmement is there with four spoons.

Tawk about incentive!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

RoyJ wrote in
:

You have way too much time to do nifty things in the shop. I seem to
get to mine only when something is broken and needs to be fixed 10
minutes ago.

snip

Amen to that brother, Amen.

Bill

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
Don Foreman wrote:

Warning: metal content.

This is about a dirt-simple cheap way to make a ball swivel for a
little single-LED aimable task light. About a 1.5 meg download with
photos.
http://users.goldengate.net/~dforeman/tiny-swivel-lamp/

I did essentially the same thing using a pre-focused penlite bulb held
in place with modeling clay. Been working for years with no trouble