Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Buffako Forge Drill Press

This past summer I acquired a Buffalo Forge drill press. Unfortunately
it has two things wrong with it. First it came with a 1HP 220V 3PH
880RPM motor and second it has several teeth that are half gone, by that
I mean only half a tooth is still there, none of them are next to each
other. So it can be run as is. I've tried to identify what model drill
press this could be. A Google search has turned up model numbers 22 and
20. These model numbers seem to be based on the distance from the center
of the spindle to the support column. If that is true than the one I
have is a model 21 since the distance from spindle center to column is
10.5". Close inspection has revealed no trace of a model number anywhere
on the drill press. Anybody have any further knowledge of these drill
press's than I can find.

Right now I'm in the process of remotoring it with a variable speed DC
drive motor of 1HP and then replacing the broken teeth with false teeth.

Bernie

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Tom is offline

Bernie wrote:
[...]

Your drill press predates the Model 20 & 22 when the drills were named
as 21 Inch etc.
I'll have some data I could scan but I won't be home until Tuesday.
Mail me if interested.

Tom
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 14:30:44 GMT, "Bernie"
wrote:

[...]

Have you found/explored this website/page?

http://www.owwm.com/MfgIndex/Detail.asp?ID=129

Especially, take a look at the Photo Index.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
Have you found/explored this website/page?

http://www.owwm.com/MfgIndex/Detail.asp?ID=129

Especially, take a look at the Photo Index.

Yes I have Leaon. I did discover that it's a model 21 though. Was
embossed right on the side of the miter gear cover. Just forgot it was
there.

Bernie