Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT-Ballistic car repair

One for the what was he thinking file.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/...shotgun13.html

Best Regards
Tom.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

azotic wrote:

One for the what was he thinking file.

I performed a ballistic motorcyle repair once. I used to
roam all over the Tahoe National Forest on my XL185. I had a
rear fender mount tool pack, but the mounts had cracked, and
this particular trip I'd removed it for repair. Did have my
backpack with water and a Ruger .22 pistol.

Looped out trying to get back out of a ravine and broke the
clutch lever. It split almost directly across the pivot
bushing. There was enough friction in the pivot that I could
not hold the lever in place and let it pivot about the bolt.
No clutch, no way out of the ravine....

After pondering this a bit, I realized if the piece left on
the pivot bushing wasn't there, the lever would slide on the
outside of the bushing. But, no wrenches.... (a mistake I
never made again!)

So I rotated the broken chunk as far as I could, getting
part of it to extend beyond the perch. Took careful aim with
the Ruger, turned my head away, and fired. The bullet
shattered the chunk and left nothing but the bushing. I had
to keep two fingers on the lever to keep it in place, but it
at least worked again and I was able to get home.

Not often one can fix a broken bike by shooting it!

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Dumb ass probably used a Standard shotgun on a Metric car.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

There was the story of a guy unhappy with the way his
car phone was working (back in teh days before cellular),
shot the thing, bullet went into the tranny, which locked up,
the rear wheel skid sent him flying.... New Yorker, I think...
/mark

BALLISTIC BUFFALO J T Woodworking 1 April 20th 07 04:07 AM
Kenwood KA-5700 - Please help me repair / Hobby Repair / Blows Fuses Tony Heslington Electronics Repair 5 July 10th 06 02:34 PM
Home Repair Answer Quality Repair Needed Nehmo Sergheyev Home Repair 6 May 3rd 04 03:22 PM
nail guns (ballistic hammer?) -- question larsen-tools Metalworking 27 October 22nd 03 09:29 AM