Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
x x is offline

Default OT - sewing machine repair

hi all
i'm hoping one of you fine gentlemen will be able to help me gain some wife
approval points...

she has a husqvarna (viking) '2000 SL' sewing machine (actually a couple,
along with a bunch of others! - we arent the only species who has to have
more than one of anything!)

this one, and i think also the other, gets stuck in reverse. When opened, i
can return it to forwards by applying a moderate amount of assistance to the
spring return, but there is no way it will return by itself. This machine
has 'lifetime lubrication' so there is no way to add oil. The action is
smooth, but stiff.

Any suggestions? any idea what the original lube might be? i guess white
lithium style grease, does that dry out over time?

I could disassemble but i'd rather not as i am not familiar with re-timing
if that was needed.

appreciate all suggestions!

russ (from Oz)