Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Gasoline transport truck wrecks, burns under bridge...melts iron beams. Now why can't...?

On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 09:54:59 -0700, wrote:

On Nov 2, 10:56 pm, pyotr filipivich wrote:
After a Computer crash and the demise of civilization, it was learned
Rich Hutnik wrote on Fri, 02 Nov 2007 14:37:19
-0700 in rec.crafts.metalworking :

On Nov 1, 4:17 pm, Igor wrote:
On Nov 1, 3:37 pm, GatherNoMoss wrote:

......Why couldn't a large jet passenger plane, full of fuel, that
crashes into the World Trade Center building not have enough heat
energy to soften it metal structure enough to cause it's collapse ?

I ask the 9/11 conspiracy theorists this question....those who think
it impossible that it could happen.

Maybe you're just asking the wrong question. Maybe you should be
asking why Bush knew it was going to happen and did absolutely nothing
to stop it.

That is a nice question, but not the one the 9/11 conspiracists end up
focusing on. They focus on 9/11 being an inside job.

If 9/11 was an inside job, how come there aren't more .. accidents?
All these "truthers" running around claiming how the Bush Administration
pulled off a scheme which did kill some 3000 people (out of the tens of
thousands in those buildings). And yet an organization ruthless enough
to contemplate killing tens of thousands of people, is unable to silence
the few brave individuals who write books, blogs and put bumper stickers
on their cars proclaiming 9/1 a government job.

I have just one primary question: how do they manage to stay alive,
knowing they are no doubt targeted by secret death squads?

Suppose you had a video tape showing Cheney and Wolfowitz, for
example, personally carrying thermite, explosives, etc., into the WTC
towers. Let me ask you, whom or what, at this point in the decline and
fall of the U.S., do you see as doing anything about it? Congress? The
Courts? The FBI?

Is the Attorney General going to investigate Cheney? Is the
"mainstream media" going to even mention it?

Sadly, at this point, it probably doesn't matter what kind of
"evidence" anyone comes up with, as there is no longer any public
institution or high government official left that hasn't been
compromised.

Steven Jones, for example, has not been assassinated because anyone in
a position to do anything about it is already on the take.

You must be pretty young not to know that high political office does
not protect you from the long arm of the law.

Remember Vice-President Spiro Agnew, President Nixon, President
Clinton, to name a few of the more august figures that have been
either forced out of office or otherwise persecuted for malfeasance.
In addition the host of Reps and Senators who have been under scrutiny
by the law, some of whom are presently residents in the Gray Bar
Hotel.

Bruce-in-Bangkok
(Note:displayed e-mail
address is a spam trap)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Apparently you've been out of the country too long, Bruce. What we've
got going on here today is nothing like what we had 35 years ago. If
Dan Ellsberg came along with his Pentagon papers today, the
"mainstream media" would tell him to go pound sand.

On Nov 1, 4:17 pm, Igor wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

You are right. I haven't been back in the U.S. for nearly 40 years and
from all I see and hear I have no interest in returning.

Just one example: When I was a lad you could walk down the main street
of my home town with a pistol openly displayed and carrying a rifle.
IF a cop stopped you he would simply remind you that both guns had to
be unloaded in town. Now, Gunner tells me that a .22 pistol with
threads on the barrel is an assault weapon in California and is
illegal.

The President of the United States gets up on Television and looks the
Nation right in the eyes and lies. Not some geezer down the pub; The
President.

You're right it ain't the place I left.

On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 03:39:03 -0800, wrote:

Apparently you've been out of the country too long, Bruce. What we've
got going on here today is nothing like what we had 35 years ago. If
Dan Ellsberg came along with his Pentagon papers today, the
"mainstream media" would tell him to go pound sand.

On Nov 4, 4:10 am, Bruce in Bangkok wrote:
On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 09:54:59 -0700, wrote:
On Nov 2, 10:56 pm, pyotr filipivich wrote:
After a Computer crash and the demise of civilization, it was learned
Rich Hutnik wrote on Fri, 02 Nov 2007 14:37:19
-0700 in rec.crafts.metalworking :

Much deleted.
Bruce-in-Bangkok
(Note:displayed e-mail
address is a spam trap)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bruce in Bangkok" wrote in message

You are right. I haven't been back in the U.S. for nearly 40 years and
from all I see and hear I have no interest in returning.

Just one example: When I was a lad you could walk down the main street
of my home town with a pistol openly displayed and carrying a rifle.
IF a cop stopped you he would simply remind you that both guns had to
be unloaded in town. Now, Gunner tells me that a .22 pistol with
threads on the barrel is an assault weapon in California and is
illegal.

The President of the United States gets up on Television and looks the
Nation right in the eyes and lies. Not some geezer down the pub; The
President.

You're right it ain't the place I left.

I think you've gotten a little jaundiced since you left, Bruce. LBJ had no
problem looking the nation right in the eye and lying, either. Neither did
Nixon. Not much has changed in that regard.

How do you make out walking down the main street in Bangkok carrying a
pistol and a rifle?

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 4 Nov 2007 12:45:27 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Bruce in Bangkok" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

I'm not in the U.S. and therefore I do not expect the rights and
privileges I had when I did reside there and accept that different
countries have different sets of laws.

My point, poorly made as it may have been, is the steady erosion of
rights in the U.S. from those I enjoyed as a boy.

Actually, carrying a concealed weapon in Thailand is not that
uncommon. When I lived in Udorn (Northern thailand) my wife and I were
at the movies one night. When the movie ended and people began to
leave my wife pointed out that nearly half the men had sweat marks on
the back of their shirts outlining the pistol in the back of their
belt.

Bruce-in-Bangkok
(Note:displayed e-mail
address is a spam trap)