Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default News readers and services

I started using the free Teranews service around last December, and for the
most part, it was working well. The 50MB limit was not a problem for my news
activity, mostly just RCM. (odd, but the daily limit shows as 124MB when I
look at the Manage Account page).

I did notice some unusual events, such as Martin E's posts were no longer
available on the day they were written/posted. Then that passed, and his
posts were displayed normally.
A short time ago, I noticed that his post headers weren't even showing, but
I could see he had made posts/replies, when other folks quoted his messages.

A few weeks ago, I started noticing that posts which were only about a week
old were no longer available (maybe a space-saving retention issue for just
the free accounts?).
Then I noticed that posts that were less than a week old were no longer
available.

More recently, I haven't been able to post replies for over a week. I tried
to send replies to several posts in the last week, on several different
days, but they weren't showing (and they couldn't be seen with Goog Groups
server somewhere.
I didn't bother to try Teranews support, since a couple of previous emails
to them weren't answered.

I'm glad I saved a shortcut to the Agent (Fort`e) info that someone had
mentioned a couple of weeks ago.
This morning, I signed up for the Agent Newsgroups 10GB/month service for
$2.95/month in a matter of about only 15 minutes, including the setup
entries in the MS Vista Windows Mail/News account properties.

I forget who mentioned the Agent News service, but thanks

WB
metalworking projects
www.kwagmire.com/metal_proj.html

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wild_Bill" wrote:

I'm glad I saved a shortcut to the Agent (Fort`e) info that someone had
mentioned a couple of weeks ago.
This morning, I signed up for the Agent Newsgroups 10GB/month service for
$2.95/month in a matter of about only 15 minutes, including the setup
entries in the MS Vista Windows Mail/News account properties.

I had both Supernews and Forte until I realized that Forte resells
Supernews. So Supernews users, you are paying too much.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 08:15:41 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm,
"Wild_Bill" quickly quoth:

I'm glad I saved a shortcut to the Agent (Fort`e) info that someone had
mentioned a couple of weeks ago.
This morning, I signed up for the Agent Newsgroups 10GB/month service for
$2.95/month in a matter of about only 15 minutes, including the setup
entries in the MS Vista Windows Mail/News account properties.

I forget who mentioned the Agent News service, but thanks

You're welcome.

--
History is often stranger than fiction. Fiction has to be plausible.
History is what happens when people don't follow the script.