Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What would you consider the minimum effective boundaries for a bridgeport and a 12x36 lathe?

I live in northern michigan where it gets a bit chilly at times. I have a
bridgeport and a Clausing 6903 12x36 lathe out in an uninsulated garage.

Since I store a bunch of light stuff up in the trusses, there is no way I
could ever insulate / drywall the whole garage along with just the cost of
heating the whole garage, so I'm thinking what if I drywall the ceiling over
the machining area, insulate the walls and ceiling in the area and put in
some partitions that I remove during the warmer times and buy some sort of
direct vented heating system that keep it warm that I could continue to play
this winter.

Thoughts on wall construction, heat source, and basic layout are very
welcome.

Thanks,

Wes