Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Todd Rich

Posted and emailed.

Check it out. Just showed up on eBay. No affiliation and you need to
double check everything (such as single phase rating). Just calling
this to your attention.

25 HP 230V AC FREQUENCY MOTOR SPEED DRIVE VFD NEW

Item number: 170159046557
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus31535 wrote:
Posted and emailed.

Check it out. Just showed up on eBay. No affiliation and you need to
double check everything (such as single phase rating). Just calling
this to your attention.

25 HP 230V AC FREQUENCY MOTOR SPEED DRIVE VFD NEW

Item number: 170159046557

Looks good. However, I should have an answer back from the power company
in a few days about whether or not I can get 3-phase from them installed.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Todd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Iggy (and others)

Take a look at 170159227929 on eBay. 60 hp VFD, just what I need for my
irrigation well.

Two questions, is this a good price? (Yikes)

I bought a 460 60 hp. VFD, not knowing I couldn't just hop up the voltage.
Any chance your idea of converting this to 230 will work? Enough $ here to
justify some serious effort.

I don't need the new pump till next year. But, I have to play uncle Sam's
tax game. Very simply - if you have business income - send it in. I can
deduct a VFD and well pump. This was a good season so now is the time for
equipment upgrade.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2007-10-15, Karl Townsend wrote:
Iggy (and others)

Take a look at 170159227929 on eBay. 60 hp VFD, just what I need for my
irrigation well.

Two questions, is this a good price? (Yikes)

I remember having sold a 60 HP VFD for about $500. (in a working
condition with a guarantee)

I bought a 460 60 hp. VFD, not knowing I couldn't just hop up the voltage.
Any chance your idea of converting this to 230 will work? Enough $ here to
justify some serious effort.

I wanted to try converting a 460v VFD to 230v, but have not had luck
finding a cheap enough drive.

I don't need the new pump till next year. But, I have to play uncle Sam's
tax game. Very simply - if you have business income - send it in. I can
deduct a VFD and well pump. This was a good season so now is the time for
equipment upgrade.

Tax deductibility simply means you have a 33% discount (or whatever is
your marginal tax rate), it does not mean that you are getting it for
free.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tax deductibility simply means you have a 33% discount (or whatever is
your marginal tax rate), it does not mean that you are getting it for
free.

Actually, the number is more like 50%. 15 for uncle, 8 for his nephew
(Minnesota), 15 more for self employment. If you're having a good year, send
another 10 to uncle. Unless you get hit with AMT (alternative minumum tax),
then you'd best just bend over.

I'll wait a bit longer on a VFD and I'm very intersted if you are able to
convert a 460 to 230.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2007-10-15, Karl Townsend wrote:

Tax deductibility simply means you have a 33% discount (or whatever is
your marginal tax rate), it does not mean that you are getting it for
free.

Actually, the number is more like 50%. 15 for uncle, 8 for his nephew
(Minnesota), 15 more for self employment. If you're having a good year, send
another 10 to uncle. Unless you get hit with AMT (alternative minumum tax),
then you'd best just bend over.

I'll wait a bit longer on a VFD and I'm very intersted if you are able to
convert a 460 to 230.

Karl, if I find something in those sizes, I will let you know.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl Townsend wrote:
... I can
deduct a VFD and well pump. ...

Don't you have to depreciate it as capital equipment? Or do farmers
have different rules? Bob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

... I can
deduct a VFD and well pump. ...

Don't you have to depreciate it as capital equipment? Or do farmers have
different rules? Bob

My favorite tax rule:Section 179. It allows all business to deduct the first
$50K or so of capital expense. The exact amount depends on a complicated
formula only an accountant would understand. Unfortunately, I've had to take
section 179 on all my machine shop equipment VBG

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2007-10-15, Karl Townsend wrote:

... I can
deduct a VFD and well pump. ...

Don't you have to depreciate it as capital equipment? Or do farmers have
different rules? Bob

My favorite tax rule:Section 179. It allows all business to deduct the first
$50K or so of capital expense. The exact amount depends on a complicated
formula only an accountant would understand. Unfortunately, I've had to take
section 179 on all my machine shop equipment VBG

Obviously, you need all this equipment to conduct your business, so
you are 100% totally clean here.

Todd Joe Bemier Woodworking 3 August 29th 06 06:24 PM
Get Rich Daun Johnson Home Repair 2 February 2nd 06 05:13 PM
Get Rich Daun Johnson UK diy 3 February 1st 06 10:08 AM
RV power converter Todd PC40 -- insulator problem Michael Caplan Electronics Repair 2 October 6th 03 04:07 AM