Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Online Machining Intro

This site has some basic introduction to machine tool operation and shop
practice accompanied by rather decent photographic illustrations. Included
are suggestions for initial tool purchases and textbook recommendations.

http://its.fvtc.edu/machine/Login.htm

Note: Be sure to utilize the drop-down menus.

David Merrill

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Looking for a couple of ocean cargo containers?

Saw these just now:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/bfs/449045229.html

Insert usual disclaimers here.

Snarl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 17:37:09 -0700, wrote:

Saw these just now:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/bfs/449045229.html

Insert usual disclaimers here.

Snarl

Wonder if it's legal to park an RV on residential property in Tukwila.
Stick wheels, taillights and a trailer hitch on 'em ...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Oct 16, 12:03 am, Don Foreman
wrote:
On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 17:37:09 -0700, wrote:
Saw these just now:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/bfs/449045229.html

Insert usual disclaimers here.

Snarl

Wonder if it's legal to park an RV on residential property in Tukwila.
Stick wheels, taillights and a trailer hitch on 'em ...

LOL =)

Good god that would look ugly.... But practical for his purpose

Brent
Ottawa Canada
(I live within a mile of the city limits where its not even legal to
park an RV on residential property)

good thing i bought on the right side of that border =)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article .com,
Brent wrote:

(I live within a mile of the city limits where its not even legal to
park an RV on residential property)

good thing i bought on the right side of that border =)

Until they annex you to collect more taxes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Brent wrote:

(I live within a mile of the city limits where its not even legal to
park an RV on residential property)

good thing i bought on the right side of that border =)

Heard of annexing, eh?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Oct 16, 8:05 am, nick hull wrote:
In article .com,

Brent wrote:
(I live within a mile of the city limits where its not even legal to
park an RV on residential property)

good thing i bought on the right side of that border =)

Until they annex you to collect more taxes

I already got annexed by the BIG city of ottawa so did the dweebs with
the silly bylaws.

So far because the city is glued together out of 31 municipalities and
counties it currently has 31 different sets of zoning standards for
now.

At worst the "Rural/Farm" level of zoning where i am will be tightened
a little but the pickle up the keester rules of that other place will
vanish and it will be at a normal city level.

Currently the city has not directly addressed the shipping container
as a building unit

local construction companies LOVE them as site storage and as such i
suspect the city will not look at them as structures for a LONG while.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 23:03:52 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 17:37:09 -0700, wrote:

Saw these just now:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/bfs/449045229.html

Insert usual disclaimers here.

Wonder if it's legal to park an RV on residential property in Tukwila.
Stick wheels, taillights and a trailer hitch on 'em ...

Heh! If it were me, I'd pack all my stuff in those cans and get th'
hell out of Tukwila. No wait, I *did* that already.

But I think it was Larry Jaques(sp) who said it was $2,800.00 for one
20' can down near Medford, OR. For similar money he'd get a free
40'er thrown in th' deal. Pretty sure there's a railroad yard near
there and Tukwila.

Snarl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I beleive some of these may be available - cheap.

http://www.containershipping.nl/casualties.html
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 16:22:51 -0500, cavelamb himself
wrote:

I beleive some of these may be available - cheap.

http://www.containershipping.nl/casualties.html

I loaded/off loaded barges for 13 years, some looked a lot like those.
Th' Bering Sea and Arctic Oceans can be mighty brutal sometimes.

Snarl