Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Reliable Tools storefront closed !@#$!!!!

Stopped in Friday, hadnt been in that area for a couple months.

Big sign on front door, "Ebay Sales Only"

********************!!!!

Any other surplus tool store fronts in So Cal along RTs line?

Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

That sucks. I feel your pain; my condolences 8-( Bob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Oct 7, 5:32 am, Gunner Asch wrote:
Stopped in Friday, hadnt been in that area for a couple months.

Big sign on front door, "Ebay Sales Only"

********************!!!!

Any other surplus tool store fronts in So Cal along RTs line?

Gunner

You could bid on Reliable Tools stuff on Ebay...like the rest of
us. ;)

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 7 Oct 2007 13:09:07 -0700, "William Noble"
wrote:

calAero supply is still open, Skulsky, etc

Skulsky doesnt have much of anything except machines

Cal Aero?

fast google

AH!

Thanks!

Gunner

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
.. .
Stopped in Friday, hadnt been in that area for a couple months.

Big sign on front door, "Ebay Sales Only"

********************!!!!

Any other surplus tool store fronts in So Cal along RTs line?

Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

According to Gunner Asch :
Stopped in Friday, hadnt been in that area for a couple months.

Big sign on front door, "Ebay Sales Only"

********************!!!!

Do you think that this happened about the time they started
having a shill posting pointers to their auctions here?

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2007-10-09, DoN. Nichols wrote:
According to Gunner Asch :
Stopped in Friday, hadnt been in that area for a couple months.

Big sign on front door, "Ebay Sales Only"

********************!!!!

Do you think that this happened about the time they started
having a shill posting pointers to their auctions here?

That shill is an eBay affiliate, he posts similar shills in other
newsgroups (like the photography newsgroup).

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Oct 8, 11:49 pm, Gunner Asch wrote:
On 9 Oct 2007 00:54:23 GMT, (DoN. Nichols) wrote:

According to Gunner Asch :
Stopped in Friday, hadnt been in that area for a couple months.

Big sign on front door, "Ebay Sales Only"

********************!!!!

Do you think that this happened about the time they started
having a shill posting pointers to their auctions here?

Enjoy,
DoN.

The word is that they were losing money on their store front, so they
closed it down.

Sigh....snivel...sob....

Gunner

So whats the final word? Is it closed or not?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

the retail store is closed, but they will have occasional parking lot
sales - I was told this in person by several of the staff at the last
parking lot sale

wrote in message
ps.com...
On Oct 8, 11:49 pm, Gunner Asch wrote:
On 9 Oct 2007 00:54:23 GMT, (DoN. Nichols) wrote:

According to Gunner Asch :
Stopped in Friday, hadnt been in that area for a couple months.

Big sign on front door, "Ebay Sales Only"

********************!!!!

Do you think that this happened about the time they started
having a shill posting pointers to their auctions here?

Enjoy,
DoN.

The word is that they were losing money on their store front, so they
closed it down.

Sigh....snivel...sob....

Gunner

So whats the final word? Is it closed or not?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"William Noble" wrote in message
.. .
the retail store is closed, but they will have occasional parking lot
sales - I was told this in person by several of the staff at the last
parking lot sale

as an aside to this, I stopped by CalAero to look for a small right angle
drill accessory (the kind used on aircraft sheet metal) - they didn't have
it, but they had a lot of 30, 40 and 50 taper tooling put out - they said
they wanted to get rid of all their surplus (no idea what that leaves them
with to sell) - the web site says new management - maybe they will become
another "cheap tools from china" place rather than a place to buy surplus
cutting tools - if you are near Paramount in Los Angeles, it may be worth
checking out just in case the information I was told is actually what htey
intend to do

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 23:30:43 -0700, "William Noble"
wrote:

"William Noble" wrote in message
. ..
the retail store is closed, but they will have occasional parking lot
sales - I was told this in person by several of the staff at the last
parking lot sale

as an aside to this, I stopped by CalAero to look for a small right angle
drill accessory (the kind used on aircraft sheet metal) - they didn't have
it, but they had a lot of 30, 40 and 50 taper tooling put out - they said
they wanted to get rid of all their surplus (no idea what that leaves them
with to sell) - the web site says new management - maybe they will become
another "cheap tools from china" place rather than a place to buy surplus
cutting tools - if you are near Paramount in Los Angeles, it may be worth
checking out just in case the information I was told is actually what htey
intend to do

Ill certainly do this. Im gonna need some 40 taper when I can finally
arrainge transport of that Albene to my home.

Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Oct 19, 1:30 am, "William Noble" wrote:
[...]

That is what I was told also.

Ebay is looking to be THE PLACE that one can reliably find tooling
these days.

But not at the pricing I was used to paying.

TMT