Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default oil country lathes

hi all

has anyone any experience with oil country lathes? anyone suggest
some good, reliable, heavy duty oil country lathes? anyone had any
bad experiences with any manufacturers?
please help as am needing to buy soon.

i have been looking http://www.findamachine.com but could do with some
help.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 04:50:00 -0700, lathes
wrote:

hi all

has anyone any experience with oil country lathes? anyone suggest
some good, reliable, heavy duty oil country lathes? anyone had any
bad experiences with any manufacturers?
please help as am needing to buy soon.

i have been looking http://www.findamachine.com but could do with some
help.

Give me your specs and Ill dig something up for you.

Manual? CNC?

Ive got a Okuma LS3 I can get pretty cheap. Probably a couple grand,
under power

IRRC it has a 4" spindle bore

Located in Brea, California

Got an Induma manual...probably 10' between centers, 4" bore..tooled,
but will be around $13k

Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

hi all

has anyone any experience with oil country lathes? anyone suggest
some good, reliable, heavy duty oil country lathes? anyone had any
bad experiences with any manufacturers?
please help as am needing to buy soon.

i have been lookinghttp://www.findamachine.combut could do with some
help.

Give me your specs and Ill dig something up for you.

Manual? CNC?

Ive got a Okuma LS3 I can get pretty cheap. Probably a couple grand,
under power

IRRC it has a 4" spindle bore

Located in Brea, California

Got an Induma manual...probably 10' between centers, 4" bore..tooled,
but will be around $13k

Gunner

Another place to look is http://www.machines4sale.co.uk This site has
machines from leading US and UK suppliers. It also has some user
stories from machine tool users which may be useful.

oil country lathe lathes Metalworking 18 October 7th 07 11:35 AM
VISA FOR USA , UK, CANADA AND MORE COUNTRY. nude_aishwarya Home Repair 1 February 4th 07 06:06 PM
Classic Country Hutch ectablesaw Woodworking 0 July 18th 06 04:28 PM
The state of our country [email protected] Home Repair 44 June 4th 06 03:52 PM
Unions are killing this country! Jeff Wisnia Home Repair 13 December 9th 04 02:45 PM