Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Machinery's Handbook in other languages

I'm trying to locate something along the lines of Machinery's Handbook in
languages other than english. In this case, spanish would be the main goal.
I've checked the website for the publisher of Machinery's Handbook and they
don't list it as being available in any other language, and although I have
found what look to be some decent technical translation dictionaries I haven't
seen anything that actually lists information about speeds, feeds, processes,
formulas, specs, etc. Has anyone seen such a beast?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

The Hurdy Gurdy Man wrote:
I'm trying to locate something along the lines of Machinery's Handbook in
languages other than english. In this case, spanish would be the main goal.
I've checked the website for the publisher of Machinery's Handbook and they
don't list it as being available in any other language, and although I have
found what look to be some decent technical translation dictionaries I haven't
seen anything that actually lists information about speeds, feeds, processes,
formulas, specs, etc. Has anyone seen such a beast?

South Bend used to advertise that their books were available in
Spanish and about a dozen other languages. I suppose there would have to
be some out there.

How's your Spanish?

Start googleing for appropriate Spanish technical terminology, and see
what shows up.
Tried contacting the publishers of MH directly?

You may have to source from Mexico, or Spain.

Cheers
Trevor Jones

Machinery's Handbook 26 CD Version [email protected] Metalworking 0 March 4th 06 02:29 AM
FS: Machinery's Handbook, 1996 (25th Edition) barry Metalworking 2 December 15th 05 01:26 AM
NEC 2005 Handbook Nehmo Home Repair 54 November 10th 05 12:27 AM
Machinery's Handbook Steve Mulhollan Metalworking 9 March 4th 05 05:15 PM