Old August 31st 07, 01:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Yes! We're #1!

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 20:16:27 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
Gunner quickly quoth:

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 21:26:42 -0500, Ignoramus3147
wrote:

On 31 Aug 2007 02:14:38 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:
On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 20:38:21 -0500, David R. Birch wrote:
Dave Hinz wrote:

Question: when counting Mausers, should I include the Arisakas and the
M1903's?

As long as you don't forget the P14 and M1917 Enfields.

I also don't have an Eddystone. Odd, that. Are you coming to HGHA next
month? If so I shall make every attempt to do so as well. Got some
pics to show you. (Gunner has seen 'em, as has Iggy).

The pictures definitely inspire envy, in the better sense of the
word. Great stuff.

I dont do pictures..but..you might want to ask Larry J about my
stuff...

Aw, we only looked at 30 or 40 of your closet rifles and pistols. I
still haven't seen them all by a wide margin, but there sure was a
wide and varied selection we did look at. I only wish I'd had that
extra day to go plinking with them. Lotsa fun, either way.

The Machine Gun Shoot is on Monday at my range and I'm going with
money in my pocket. Time to play! I tried a 90 round mag in an AK
last year and it was also lotsa fun. I think I'll try out the MaDeuce
Twins this time, or an M-16 and...

Do the voices in my head bother you?

Old August 31st 07, 02:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 05:48:18 -0700, Larry Jaques [email protected] wrote:

I tried a 90 round mag in an AK last year and it was also lotsa fun.

It was probably not as fun to the AK though.
Old September 1st 07, 01:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 20:15:03 -0700, Gunner wrote:
On 31 Aug 2007 00:25:53 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

Question: when counting Mausers, should I include the Arisakas and the
M1903's?

No...collect Mausers by Country. Its much nicer to have say..a 98k or
deriviative from each country than simply 98ks. This means you can
buy more guns.

Oh good.

And the Arisaka isnt a Mauser derivative.

Hmm. Need to look at the mechanism again; they certainly borrowed some
ideas.

Old September 1st 07, 07:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1 Sep 2007 00:19:47 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 20:15:03 -0700, Gunner wrote:
On 31 Aug 2007 00:25:53 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

Question: when counting Mausers, should I include the Arisakas and the
M1903's?

No...collect Mausers by Country. Its much nicer to have say..a 98k or
deriviative from each country than simply 98ks. This means you can
buy more guns.

Oh good.

And the Arisaka isnt a Mauser derivative.

Hmm. Need to look at the mechanism again; they certainly borrowed some
ideas.

Of course. Also check out the Lebel and the Carcano..which is far
closer to the Arisaka.

Paul Mauser was a VERY ingenious fellow. He ranks right up there in
the Big Three with John Moses Browning and Hirum Maxim

Gunner
Old September 1st 07, 08:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner wrote:

I am. There are no easily converted cartridges that make over to 7.5
Swiss. There are several..sorta kinda conversions...cringe.

Midway sells privi partizan ammo that is boxer primed.

Wes

Old September 2nd 07, 02:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

There are custom houses that make what you need.
Not a killer price, but real parts it is nice.

I'm getting my 6.5mm TC/U wildcat that is made from .223 normally
by expanding the neck. I just expanded 100 new ones and now have
enough to start loading a set and backups for a match. Hope to
get into the swing of things - someday soon.

http://www.qual-cart.com/

Martin
Martin H. Eastburn
TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Endowment Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
http://lufkinced.com/