Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Rate my Metal Work!!

guys.. check it!!

http://www.youcanrate.com/index.php?...&o bby_id=593

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

The connection on top the tank looks like a blob of bubble gum. The
end end of the flywheel has chatter marks. The tank is tack welded to
the mounting brackets. I gave it a 3. You asked.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jim Stewart" wrote in message
.. .
wrote:
The connection on top the tank looks like a blob of bubble gum. The
end end of the flywheel has chatter marks. The tank is tack welded to
the mounting brackets. I gave it a 3. You asked.

3-4. Keep at it though. By the time you're
as old as these guys, you'll be as good as
them:

http://www.baemclub.com/pages/photos1.html

These guys are hard to please. That, I think, is the mark of a true
craftsman, but don't let them discourage you. This looks to be an
interesting project for a beginner. Please tell us about how you chose the
project, what problems you had in completing the project, and how you solved
them.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Kelly Jones wrote:

These guys are hard to please. That, I think, is the mark of a true
craftsman, but don't let them discourage you. This looks to be an
interesting project for a beginner. Please tell us about how you chose the
project, what problems you had in completing the project, and how you solved
them.

Yeah, good work for a beginner. Is he?
Randy

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Randy Replogle wrote:

Yeah, good work for a beginner. Is he?

Judging from his hands, he's about 12 .. 16 years old. In most cases a
beginner.

Nick
--
The lowcost-DRO:
http://www.yadro.de
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

The ends of the boiler are welded much better than the pressure tap.
Boilers are dangerous, you might want to cut it out and try again with a
larger insert. Try mastering gas welding or cranking up the amps on your
mig.
Could probably use a counterbalance.
It's not fancy, but nice work for a beginner.
--
Stupendous Man,

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Nick Mueller wrote:
Randy Replogle wrote:

Yeah, good work for a beginner. Is he?

Judging from his hands, he's about 12 .. 16 years old. In most cases a
beginner.

Nick

His shirt looks he's an old guy.
Randy
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 23, 4:40 am, Smack wrote:
guys.. check it!!

http://www.youcanrate.com/index.php?...23&obbydata_id...

I would have to know how old you were. If your a kid its one thing
but older I'd be much more critical. I build large tanks for example
and the welds , which are not well lit, are to0 large in porportion
and also the screws for example. If your a kid its pretty good. If an
old fart like me then try another.
Rosco