Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Rotary File PSA

This Public Service Announcement is brought to you by James Lerch,
proprietor of multiple crazy ideas.

Today's PSA is on the rotary file as attached to a high speed air
tool. These things are EVIL!

If you have any doubts about their evil content, the evilness can be
quantified by enlarging a 1/2 hole in 1/4" plate steel to 5/8 while
the clothes dryer door is in close proximity and open. Do not expect
immediate results, as the evil will take time to materialize.

Further comments or questions may be forwarded to me at the local
emergency plastic surgeon's facility, where I am have a new prosthetic
gluteus maximus fitted to replace the one my wife chewed off...
--
Take Care,
James Lerch

"Anything that can happen, will happen" -Stephen Pollock from:
"Particle Physics for Non-Physicists: A Tour of the Microcosmos"

" Press on: nothing in the world can take the place of perseverance.
Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. "
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 14:42:41 -0400, James Lerch
wrote:

This Public Service Announcement is brought to you by James Lerch,
proprietor of multiple crazy ideas.

Today's PSA is on the rotary file as attached to a high speed air
tool. These things are EVIL!

If you have any doubts about their evil content, the evilness can be
quantified by enlarging a 1/2 hole in 1/4" plate steel to 5/8 while
the clothes dryer door is in close proximity and open. Do not expect
immediate results, as the evil will take time to materialize.

Further comments or questions may be forwarded to me at the local
emergency plastic surgeon's facility, where I am have a new prosthetic
gluteus maximus fitted to replace the one my wife chewed off...

Okay, fess up. What did you get rust stains all over...?

This is why laundry equipment does not belong in the garage when
it's being used as a workshop. I suggest either a proper shop
building, or a proper laundry room, and post-haste.

By the way, you can always try and toss it back to her. As soon as
the wash cycle is finished you are supposed to move all damp clothes
to the dryer immediately and start it up. If they sit in the washer
or dryer damp for any extended period they can start to mildew and
that's not good. And if they have time to sit and mildew, the
shavings have time to sit and rust - so she caused it.

(Warning: Do NOT try the above line unless you have recently
updated your Will, and removed all heavy and unsecured items from the
immediate area - things like rolling pins and cast-iron cookware...)

;-)

-- Bruce --

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 11:51:39 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm,
James Lerch quickly quoth:

How exactly I contaminated so many items of clothing I'm not certain.
However, I am certain of my wife's attitude while digging a few steel
needles out of her backside, while it slowly dawned on me how they got
there.

My first mistake was not building the laundry room when asked to.

Oops, x2.

My second mistake was explaining my "Eureka" moment to my wife when I
finally solved the steel needles in "odd" places problem..

Rotary file swarf is evil.

All swarf can be quite evil. It's worst when you wipe your face with
a rag which has been impregnated with knives. One of my automotive
shop rags was used to catch swarf by the last user and I found out the
hard way. The scratch/scar on my face lasted for months. I've always
felt the entire rag before wiping my face or hands after that.

" Press on: nothing in the world can take the place of perseverance.
Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. "

That's a good 'un by Calvin Coolidge.

------
We're born hungry, wet, 'n naked, and it gets worse from there.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 11:51:39 -0400, James Lerch
wrote:

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 10:30:00 -0700, Bruce L. Bergman
wrote:

Okay, fess up. What did you get rust stains all over...?

Skin, kind of, in a long convoluted way. Somehow I contaminated a
load of socks and underwear with razor sharp needles. Said needles
being a result of a good sharp rotary file.

How exactly I contaminated so many items of clothing I'm not certain.
However, I am certain of my wife's attitude while digging a few steel
needles out of her backside, while it slowly dawned on me how they got
there.

My first mistake was not building the laundry room when asked to.

My second mistake was explaining my "Eureka" moment to my wife when I
finally solved the steel needles in "odd" places problem..

Rotary file swarf is evil.

Specially in the bum of SWMBO
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 09:14:59 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

[...]

That's why I use paper towel, fresh off the roll.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 22:13:17 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm,
Gerald Miller quickly quoth:

wrote:

Rotary file swarf is evil.

Specially in the bum of SWMBO

She'll no doubt take it out on him by having him remove it with his
teeth. kiss, kiss

--

According to our strength of character and our clarity of vision, we will
endure, we will succeed, we will have contributed something to make life
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 01:04:34 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm,
James Lerch quickly quoth:

wrote:

Rotary file swarf is evil.
Specially in the bum of SWMBO

She'll no doubt take it out on him by having him remove it with his
teeth. kiss, kiss

Well, not so much.. but I did find a new use for the boom mounted
stereo microscope normally used as a surface mount re-work station ..
Oh what an odd life I find myself in....

You're -really- checking out your wifey's arse, aren't ya? Har!

BTW, its my personal belief that the most evil part about rotary file
swarf is the fact it is short enough to embed in the skin with the end
result being "flush mounted." This way you can't feel the splinter
when wiping it with a hand, but apply pressure (or work on live 12vdc)
and it gets your attention in a hurry, only for you to look and not
see or feel anything.

Teensy metal splinters are all like that. It sucks, bigtime.

The only redeeming thing working in my favor at the moment is at least
it was mild steel and not good stainless. At least mild steel rusts
and leaves a black mark to find after a few days. Stainless steel
just sits there invisibly inflicting discomfort..

"What were you doing this weekend, Jim?"
"Oh, just checkin' out the wife's rusty ass."
thud

file set from HF? Alex Metalworking 3 December 30th 05 10:54 PM
17 year old needs to file? Jenny Home Ownership 5 April 5th 05 04:15 AM
convert .dxf to .pdf file Karl Townsend Metalworking 14 January 27th 05 10:03 PM
getting the pcb from a pdf file Christian Zinner Electronics Repair 6 April 5th 04 09:59 AM