Karl Townsend

Default convert .dxf to .pdf file

I've made a layout of a CNC control panel in autocad. I need to convert the
..dxf files to .pdf (adobe) so I can take them to a print shop.

I don't want to buy anything for this one time need. Anybody know a way to
do this?

Karl

Ken Grunke

Karl Townsend wrote:
I've made a layout of a CNC control panel in autocad. I need to convert the
.dxf files to .pdf (adobe) so I can take them to a print shop.

I don't want to buy anything for this one time need. Anybody know a way to
do this?

Karl

I think you can get a printer utility that does it, instead of
outputting to a real printer.
In the Macintosh, it's built-in but I don't know about Windbloze.

Ken Grunke

--
take da "ma" offa dot com fer eemayl

Spehro Pefhany

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 14:52:53 -0600, the renowned "Karl Townsend"
remove .NOT to reply wrote:

I've made a layout of a CNC control panel in autocad. I need to convert the
.dxf files to .pdf (adobe) so I can take them to a print shop.

I don't want to buy anything for this one time need. Anybody know a way to
do this?

Karl

I think there's at least one free pdf printer.

Here's a shareware one with a 15-day trial: http://www.go2pdf.com/

Or you could mail it to me and I'll print it with Acrobat.

ISTR some "issues" with line widths and such like, but if you're not
fussy about that sort of thing it should go easy.

Ken Grunke

Here's one from a google search for "print to pdf":

http://www.primopdf.com/

I can in no way vouch for it's usefulness or lack thereof, since I don't
do windows.

Ken

--
take da "ma" offa dot com fer eemayl

Rod Richeson

On my copy of Adobe it installs distiller as a print device, and I can
"print" to it from any application and then it asks what you want the
PDF filename to be. I have never tried to go from DXF to PDF but it
should act like Word Docs.

If I'm incorrect I'm sorry.

Email me the DXF and I'll use Autosketch to open and print it to a PDF
file, and send it back..

Rod

Karl Townsend wrote:
I've made a layout of a CNC control panel in autocad. I need to convert the
.dxf files to .pdf (adobe) so I can take them to a print shop.

I don't want to buy anything for this one time need. Anybody know a way to
do this?

Karl

Tim Wescott

Karl Townsend wrote:

I've made a layout of a CNC control panel in autocad. I need to convert the
.dxf files to .pdf (adobe) so I can take them to a print shop.

I don't want to buy anything for this one time need. Anybody know a way to
do this?

Karl

PDF Creator has worked well for me.

http://sector7g.wurzel6.de/pdfcreator/index_en.htm

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
Wooding

Karl Townsend wrote:
I've made a layout of a CNC control panel in autocad. I need to convert the
.dxf files to .pdf (adobe) so I can take them to a print shop.

I don't want to buy anything for this one time need. Anybody know a way to
do this?

Karl

Try Pdf995 from http://www.pdf995.com/ - its free as long as you don't
mind the advert for itself. When you download it make sure you also get
PdfEdit995. I've been using it with no problems for some months - it
was even able to create a PDF from something that caused an error in
Adobe Acrobat V4.
--

Regards, Gary Wooding
Leon Heller

"Karl Townsend" remove .NOT to reply wrote
in message anews.com...
I've made a layout of a CNC control panel in autocad. I need to convert
the .dxf files to .pdf (adobe) so I can take them to a print shop.

I don't want to buy anything for this one time need. Anybody know a way to
do this?

Install a Postscript printer driver, and use that to print to a Postscript
file. Then use Ghostscript and Ghostview to convert the PS file to a PDF. It
works very well for me.

Leon

Jedd Haas

In article s.com, "Karl
Townsend" remove .NOT to reply wrote:

I've made a layout of a CNC control panel in autocad. I need to convert the
.dxf files to .pdf (adobe) so I can take them to a print shop.

I don't want to buy anything for this one time need. Anybody know a way to
do this?

Karl

You may be able to export the dxf to an eps file within your CAD software,
which can then be given to the print shop.

--
Jedd Haas - Artist
http://www.gallerytungsten.com
Wayne

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 14:52:53 -0600, Karl Townsend
remove .NOT to reply wrote:

Try Cute PDF writer. It's free.
I've used it many times.
http://www.acrosoftware.com/products/cutepdf/writer.asp

Wayne D.

I've made a layout of a CNC control panel in autocad. I need to convert
the
.dxf files to .pdf (adobe) so I can take them to a print shop.

I don't want to buy anything for this one time need. Anybody know a way
do this?

Karl

Ted Edwards

Karl Townsend wrote:

I've made a layout of a CNC control panel in autocad. I need to convert the
.dxf files to .pdf (adobe) so I can take them to a print shop.

I don't want to buy anything for this one time need. Anybody know a way to
do this?

Install a virtual PostScript printer. i.e. install the printer driver
but set up to print to file. From whatever program (I haven't found one
that won't do it), print your document, drawing or whatever to your PS
printer.

Get a copy and install Ghost Script and Ghost View (free). Convert .PS
file to .PDF file. Done.

Ted