Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default web address for Gingery mill/lathe page up. Sorry!j

Greetings folks!

The web address is http://pwp.etb.net.co/ceramosb/. Sorry for the funk!

I have put up some photos of my progress with the Gingery lathe so far.
Being my first webpage ever, the layout is rather skeletal; the pictures
were taken with a very basic five year old camera (Benq DC 1016). Better
diagrams and pics will be forthcoming in time.
Comments appreciated.

Regards,

Camilo Ramos

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Camilo Ramos" wrote:

Greetings folks!

The web address is http://pwp.etb.net.co/ceramosb/. Sorry for the funk!

I have put up some photos of my progress with the Gingery lathe so far.
Being my first webpage ever, the layout is rather skeletal; the pictures
were taken with a very basic five year old camera (Benq DC 1016). Better
diagrams and pics will be forthcoming in time.
Comments appreciated.

There is nothing to apologize about your webpage. It shows what you are
doing very clearly.

Please continue to post your progress on this. Building something like this
from scratch is quite a project. Being able to deviate from plans shows
that both your hands and mind is engaged in the project.

Congratulations on your efforts, I hope to see more of this as you continue
to work on it.

Wes S
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 21:43:17 -0500, "Camilo Ramos"
wrote:

Greetings folks!

The web address is http://pwp.etb.net.co/ceramosb/. Sorry for the funk!

I have put up some photos of my progress with the Gingery lathe so far.
Being my first webpage ever, the layout is rather skeletal; the pictures
were taken with a very basic five year old camera (Benq DC 1016). Better
diagrams and pics will be forthcoming in time.
Comments appreciated.

Regards,

Camilo Ramos

==========
Good clear web page.

My only suggestions is to add information in the "alternate text"
fields for people [like me] that keep the automatic graphics
download in my browser [Firefox 2.0] turned off most of the time
due to my slow speed [28.8 POTS] connection.

Your use of new materials/techniques [e.g. UMHMW bushing/bearing]
is good, as is the use of weldments.

Keep up the good work, and let the group know how you are doing.
Unka' George [George McDuffee]
============
Merchants have no country.
The mere spot they stand on
does not constitute so strong an attachment
as that from which they draw their gains.

Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826),
U.S. president. Letter, 17 March 1814.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Nice job. I think I'd make a second headstock support and use the best
one for the headstock and the other for the tailstock, like that Murad
lathe. Then you could also use it as a horizontal boring mill. The
first successful American production milling machine, the Lincoln, was
set up this way.

jw