Joe

Default Gingery Lathe casting stock..

Hi..
I'm building the Gingery lathe and alot of the 'stock' called for for the
wood patterns are 3/8" and 5/8"..
Most wood is standard in 1/4"..1/2" and 3/4".exept for plywood which is
harder to use in crafting and needs more finish..I checked hobby stores and
expensive in 'modeling stock"..
Anybody modify the plans to use standard 1/2" and 3/4" stock (white pine
etc)??
I suppose the headstock center would have to be recalculated and adjusted
also..
Any suggestions appreciated..Joe

Ron Thompson

It might be educational for you to measure your lumber. Is your ½"
board really ½"?

Ron Thompson
On the Beautiful Mississippi Gulf Coast
USA

http://www.plansandprojects.com

When you hear the phrase "Super size that for ya?," they are really
talking about your ass.