Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default MILWAUKEE BATTERY RECALL

On Aug 9, 9:57 am, Randy wrote:
Milwaukee has recall over 1 million 18volt batteries.

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/

click on the battery, right hand side.

Unforturately my batteries are newer than that, even though that are
all junk, I think I have bought my last milwaukee tool. all three of
my batteries have failed along with the charger. I did fix two of the
batteries my taking them apart and soldering the broken spot weld on a
battery tab.

BTW, Milwaukee is not an American company, owned by the Swiss, and no
part of my 18V hammer drill kit was made in the USA.

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

The last time I checked RIGID was offering a lifetime
warranty on their tools AND batteries.

dennis
in nca

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 9, 1:28 pm, Randy wrote:
On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 11:57:14 -0500, Randy wrote:
Milwaukee has recalled over 1 million 18volt batteries.

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/

click on the battery, right hand side.

Unfortunately my batteries are newer than that, even though that are
all junk, I think I have bought my last milwaukee tool. all three of
my batteries have failed along with the charger. I did fix two of the
batteries my taking them apart and soldering the broken spot weld on a
battery tab.

BTW, Milwaukee is not an American company, owned by the Swiss, and no
part of my 18V hammer drill kit was made in the USA.

Thank You,

OOPS, old info

now owned by TTI

http://www.ttigroup.com/investors/milestones.php

...quote...

2005 January
Acquired Milwaukee®,AEG® and DreBo® electric power tools and
accessories brands and businesses.

1990 December
Listed on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong (stock code: 669).

1988 January
Opened TTI's first manufacturing facilities in Dongguan, PRC.

....end quote...

would appear to be Chinese.
Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Milwaukee is now Chinese? Good Christ!

Dave

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Aug 9, 1:28 pm, Randy wrote:
[...]

If it has a US sounding name, it's in all probability Chinese. Actual US
companies tend not to have US related names.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 9, 1:09 pm, "Pete C." wrote:
wrote:

On Aug 9, 1:28 pm, Randy wrote:
[...]

A new company named after a US area, I'd agree. Milwaukee has been
around for quite awhile, though.

Dave

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Aug 9, 1:09 pm, "Pete C." wrote:
wrote:

On Aug 9, 1:28 pm, Randy wrote:
[...]

I didn't say anything about the origins. New Chinese brands often use US
sounding names, old US brands (US named or not) are often out of
business and the name sold to the highest bidder (typically Chinese) by
the remains of the company.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 10:03:35 -0700, wrote:

Milwaukee is now Chinese? Good Christ!

Dave

They've got to do something with all those dollars that they are collecting!

Mark Rand
RTFM
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Humphhhh. The 12 and 18V batteries for my HF drills have worked great
for 2-3 years.. The Milwaukee batteries are another example of what
happens when you TRY to make them cheap, so they fail soon. Anyone have
an HF battery fail?
JR
Dweller in the cellar
buy american....

Randy wrote:
Milwaukee has recall over 1 million 18volt batteries.

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/

click on the battery, right hand side.

Unforturately my batteries are newer than that, even though that are
all junk, I think I have bought my last milwaukee tool. all three of
my batteries have failed along with the charger. I did fix two of the
batteries my taking them apart and soldering the broken spot weld on a
battery tab.

BTW, Milwaukee is not an American company, owned by the Swiss, and no
part of my 18V hammer drill kit was made in the USA.

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 20:12:17 -0500, Spehro Pefhany wrote:

Suckers! What are they going to do with all that beer and that rusty
elevated expressway?

Only beer still made here, are Miller and Sprecher. Well and some
micros. Schlitz, Blatz, gone. Actually I think both of 'em are condos
now.

And, rusty elevated expressway? Can't picture it, where do you mean?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 10 Aug 2007 03:06:37 GMT, the renowned Dave Hinz
wrote:

On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 20:12:17 -0500, Spehro Pefhany wrote:

Suckers! What are they going to do with all that beer and that rusty
elevated expressway?

Only beer still made here, are Miller and Sprecher. Well and some
micros. Schlitz, Blatz, gone. Actually I think both of 'em are condos
now.

And, rusty elevated expressway? Can't picture it, where do you mean?

Ah, it's been a while since I've been there. Maybe it's gone now..
googling finds the "Park East Freeway", demolished a few years ago,
1950s vintage, near downtown. Does that sound right?

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 9, 1:03 pm, wrote:
On Aug 9, 1:28 pm, Randy wrote:

[...]

Hmm.Techtronic is more of a multinational... started by a German
engineer (Ex-VW executive) and a UK-educated
Hong Kong Chinese engineer, public on the HK stock exchange, not
mainland. Hong Kong design, Chinese grunt work
manufacturing. They're also why the Ryobi stuff in Home Depot now says
"Made in China". Interesting.

http://www.cantonrep.com/index.php?ID=327679
http://www.ttigroup.com/company/milestones.php
http://www.ttigroup.com/company/eDirectors.php
http://www.cfoasia.com/archives/200202-02.htm

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Only beer still made here, are Miller and Sprecher. Well and some
micros. Schlitz, Blatz, gone. Actually I think both of 'em are condos
now.

And, rusty elevated expressway? Can't picture it, where do you mean?

Ah, it's been a while since I've been there. Maybe it's gone now..
googling finds the "Park East Freeway", demolished a few years ago,
1950s vintage, near downtown. Does that sound right?

Ah right, that eyesore. They tore it down about 3 years too early;
apparently the idiot mayor at the time (not to be confused with the
current idiot mayor) didn't make the connection that taking out one
east-west corridor, right before the Marquette Interchange got tore out,
would be a bad idea for those of us who work(ed) downtown.

But yeah, that's gone, somewhat replaced with green space. Really opens
up the sky in areas you just got used to being dark and crappy looking.