Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Milwaukee/Porter Cable Tool Battery Testing

Can someone please tell me what equipment I need to test power tool
Milwaukee or Porter Cable Batteries? I have a 13v and an 18v battery I
would like to test.
Thanks,
John

Posted to alt.home.repair
No No is offline

John wrote:
Can someone please tell me what equipment I need to test power tool
Milwaukee or Porter Cable Batteries? I have a 13v and an 18v battery I
would like to test.
Thanks,
John

test for what? For me, the best tester is the tool itself. It works like
new or it doesn't. Does it last as long as it used to? Does the tool
have the power it used to? Get a new battery to compare to.
Posted to alt.home.repair

John wrote:
Can someone please tell me what equipment I need to test power tool
Milwaukee or Porter Cable Batteries? I have a 13v and an 18v battery I
would like to test.
Thanks,
John

a voltmeter does a pretty good job.

Fully charged 18 volt should read about 20 volts. It has 13 cells.
If a cell is shorted it will read below 19.

A 13 volt should read over 12 and one with a bad cell would read below 11.