Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default MILWAUKEE BATTERY RECALL

wrote:

On Aug 9, 1:09 pm, "Pete C." wrote:
wrote:

On Aug 9, 1:28 pm, Randy wrote:
On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 11:57:14 -0500, Randy wrote:
Milwaukee has recalled over 1 million 18volt batteries.

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/

click on the battery, right hand side.

Unfortunately my batteries are newer than that, even though that are
all junk, I think I have bought my last milwaukee tool. all three of
my batteries have failed along with the charger. I did fix two of the
batteries my taking them apart and soldering the broken spot weld on a
battery tab.

BTW, Milwaukee is not an American company, owned by the Swiss, and no
part of my 18V hammer drill kit was made in the USA.

Thank You,

OOPS, old info

now owned by TTI

http://www.ttigroup.com/investors/milestones.php

...quote...

2005 January
Acquired Milwaukee®,AEG® and DreBo® electric power tools and
accessories brands and businesses.

1990 December
Listed on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong (stock code: 669).

1988 January
Opened TTI's first manufacturing facilities in Dongguan, PRC.

....end quote...

would appear to be Chinese.
Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Milwaukee is now Chinese? Good Christ!

Dave

If it has a US sounding name, it's in all probability Chinese. Actual US
companies tend not to have US related names.

A new company named after a US area, I'd agree. Milwaukee has been
around for quite awhile, though.

Dave

I didn't say anything about the origins. New Chinese brands often use US
sounding names, old US brands (US named or not) are often out of
business and the name sold to the highest bidder (typically Chinese) by
the remains of the company.