Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Rubber for belt grinder drive wheel?

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 20:52:12 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm,
Brian Lawson quickly quoth:

Called "self-amalgamating" tape. Available at any electrical
wholesale.

I think I would give bicycle tube sheet repair stuff a try.

2 weeks ago I wrote:
Are there any places which sell it for less than $19/roll?
I saw a guy at the Home Improvement Faire a few months ago who was
selling a couple rolls for $25. I was sure I could do better but then
forgot about it. The stuff does look handy.

So, who wholesales it? Oh, and what's the shelf life?

I found some on eBay for a discount and it works great. It's not flat,
it's tapered at the edges for wrapping. Wunnerful.

6 rolls of 1" x 10' in various colors for $24.25 delivered.
http://tinyurl.com/2t7kcw Seller: mjmnational
(std disclaimer: just a happy customer)

--
Some days, it's not even worth chewing through the restraints.