Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default sparkplug

Larry Jaques wrote:
RCM only

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 17:06:29 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Leo
Lichtman" quickly quoth:

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote: Don't be TOO sure....(clip)
the shop which did the job found that the ground electrode on one plug had
disappeared, and installed a new plug at no cost. (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
My suggestions we 1.) Crank the engine to blow air in and out of the
spark plug hole.

while you score the cylinder with the piece of ceramic or steel which
accidentally got caught between the piston crown/rings/bore. Pulling
the head is the cheapest route around that, plus you have access to
clean up the plug hole in head.

I agree. I've seen pistons/heads that were damaged by foreign matter,
ruins the heck out of them, the cylinder wall, valves, everything. Just
pull the head and get it over with.

John

sparkplug John Martin Metalworking 7 July 20th 07 06:26 PM
sparkplug (OT) [email protected] Metalworking 1 July 20th 07 03:52 AM
sparkplug Doug Miller Metalworking 1 July 19th 07 04:08 PM
18MM sparkplug for lawn mower? meirman Home Repair 21 December 11th 04 08:21 PM