Posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Perforated Stainless Steel Strap

On Jul 18, 1:40 pm, Geoff Schultz wrote:
I have some exhaust hose/components on my boat which were secured using
soft steel strapping. Obviously that hasn't held up too well. I'm looking
for 1/2" or 3/4" perforated stainless steel strapping. My on-line searches
haven't found anything. Does anyone know of a source?

-- Geoff

Go he http://www.mcmaster.com/

On the left type in: straps

On the page that appears on the left
click on: perforated steel straps

On the page which appears on the
right scroll down to: flexible straps

There you will see stainless straps,
both perforated and solid.

dennis
in nca

Posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.crafts.metalworking

rigger wrote in
ups.com:

On Jul 18, 1:40 pm, Geoff Schultz wrote:
I have some exhaust hose/components on my boat which were secured
using soft steel strapping. Obviously that hasn't held up too well.
I'm looking for 1/2" or 3/4" perforated stainless steel strapping.
My on-line searches haven't found anything. Does anyone know of a
source?

-- Geoff

Go he http://www.mcmaster.com/

On the left type in: straps

On the page that appears on the left
click on: perforated steel straps

On the page which appears on the
right scroll down to: flexible straps

There you will see stainless straps,
both perforated and solid.

dennis
in nca

Thanks for the pointer. That was just what I was looking for!

-- Geoff
Posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.crafts.metalworking

Geoff Schultz wrote:
rigger wrote in
ups.com:

On Jul 18, 1:40 pm, Geoff Schultz wrote:
I have some exhaust hose/components on my boat which were secured
using soft steel strapping. Obviously that hasn't held up too well.
I'm looking for 1/2" or 3/4" perforated stainless steel strapping.
My on-line searches haven't found anything. Does anyone know of a
source?

On my last boat we used 1" and 2" nylon webbing. Very kind to the
soft exhaust hoses and easy to install. Just heat an awl to melt a
hole for a screw where you want it. Wrap the webbing 1 turn around
the hose so the hose can't move fore/aft. Never a chafe problem

Evan Gatehouse
Posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.crafts.metalworking

Evan Gatehouse wrote in news:ZACqi.10404
$_d2.2086@pd7urf3no:

Geoff Schultz wrote:
rigger wrote in
ups.com:

On Jul 18, 1:40 pm, Geoff Schultz wrote:
I have some exhaust hose/components on my boat which were secured
using soft steel strapping. Obviously that hasn't held up too well.
I'm looking for 1/2" or 3/4" perforated stainless steel strapping.
My on-line searches haven't found anything. Does anyone know of a
source?

On my last boat we used 1" and 2" nylon webbing. Very kind to the
soft exhaust hoses and easy to install. Just heat an awl to melt a
hole for a screw where you want it. Wrap the webbing 1 turn around
the hose so the hose can't move fore/aft. Never a chafe problem

Evan Gatehouse

That's a good idea! Thanks!!!

-- Geoff
www.GeoffSchultz.org