Charles A. Sherwood

Default Industrial arts project

I took an industrial arts class in 7th grade (many years ago).
I would like to get some info on projects so I could let my
kid try a few of them.

One project I remember was hand engraving aluminum discs,
putting wire handles on them to make a serving tray.
I don't remember much about it and I don't have the projects
anymore. Another project consisted of a letter holder made
from wood (thats easy). The front was covered with a copper
engraving of some sort. I believe it started as a thin copper
sheet with a pattern rubbed into it from the back side.

Any place I can get enough info to start something?
thanks
chuck
Ken Sterling

I took an industrial arts class in 7th grade (many years ago).
I would like to get some info on projects so I could let my
kid try a few of them.

One project I remember was hand engraving aluminum discs,
putting wire handles on them to make a serving tray.
I don't remember much about it and I don't have the projects
anymore. Another project consisted of a letter holder made
from wood (thats easy). The front was covered with a copper
engraving of some sort. I believe it started as a thin copper
sheet with a pattern rubbed into it from the back side.

Any place I can get enough info to start something?
thanks
chuck

I'd recommend just looking around at some of the "crafts" peoples'
displays - I am totally awed at some of the ideas that are out there.
I've seen some very unique and innovative crafts made from very simple
materials, ranging from coke bottles to wooden sticks. Maybe your
local library would have some "crafting" books to look through.
HTH
Ken.