Charles A. Sherwood

Default Industrial arts project

I took an industrial arts class in 7th grade (many years ago).
I would like to get some info on projects so I could let my
kid try a few of them.

One project I remember was hand engraving aluminum discs,
putting wire handles on them to make a serving tray.
I don't remember much about it and I don't have the projects
anymore. Another project consisted of a letter holder made
from wood (thats easy). The front was covered with a copper
engraving of some sort. I believe it started as a thin copper
sheet with a pattern rubbed into it from the back side.

Any place I can get enough info to start something?
thanks
chuck