DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Gunner's medical bills (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/17544-gunners-medical-bills.html)

Ryan June 23rd 04 12:07 PM

Gunner's medical bills

"Santa Cruz Mike" wrote in message

Tim.... slavery was outlawed a hundred years ago...

Saying "Work for money" (which can be used to buy things such as food and
shelter) is not slavery. This country is doomed. So many people like you
thinking people have a 'right' to free money and that they should never be
cut off. I think I am find making my $40K/year. I think the system is
great. It will finally fail and crumble. As more and more middle class
folks are taxed out of their homes the more likely others are to just quit
paying their taxes. Either by taking up other side jobs and not paying
taxes, or by waiting to great the tax man coming to take the home with an
AR-15.

What a great future SC Mike and others have built for us. Do nothing, get a
check. Work your ass off, get ****ed.

Myal June 23rd 04 12:30 PM

Gunner's medical bills

"Ryan" wrote in news:WvdCc.92417$eu.56715@attbi_s02:

"Santa Cruz Mike" wrote in message

Tim.... slavery was outlawed a hundred years ago...

Saying "Work for money" (which can be used to buy things such as food
and shelter) is not slavery. This country is doomed. So many people
like you thinking people have a 'right' to free money and that they
should never be cut off. I think I am find making my $40K/year. I
think the system is great. It will finally fail and crumble. As more
and more middle class folks are taxed out of their homes the more
likely others are to just quit paying their taxes. Either by taking
up other side jobs and not paying taxes, or by waiting to great the
tax man coming to take the home with an AR-15.

What a great future SC Mike and others have built for us. Do nothing,
get a check. Work your ass off, get ****ed.

does this mean that thems who keep working like what they getting ?

After all , America IS the home of the free ... free handouts , free food
, free medical.....

[email protected] June 23rd 04 01:32 PM

Gunner's medical bills

In misc.survivalism Gary Coffman wrote:

Now not every vet med is suitable for humans, and not every human med
has a vet equivalent (do your homework). But where they do, you can usually
save *big* bucks by buying at the farmer's co-op.

Do they sell Special K over the counter there?

--
....I'm an air-conditioned gypsy...

- The Who

wmbjk June 23rd 04 03:17 PM

Gunner's medical bills

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 00:58:27 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 23:11:17 GMT, wmbjk
wrote:

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 22:45:25 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

Im exploring the costs of scripts from Canada and
Mexico at the moment.

If it were up to GW and friends, that wouldn't be an option for you.
It's all part of "compassionate conservatism". If they get a second
term and outlaw the reimportation of drugs, you can always take up
smuggling, or comb your email spam for alternative therapies.

Wayne

Wasnt it Bush and Co that passed the perscription drug benefit law?

Gunner

LOL I thought your denial days were supposed to be over. You might
try a little reading if you actually believe that the GOP is leading
the way on lower drug costs. And I don't mean reading your
rightwingnut blogs. Some samples to get you started

http://www.duluthsuperior.com/mld/du...on/7289456.htm

http://www.tennessean.com/nation-wor...50172567.shtml

http://www.masslive.com/chicopeeholy...8528230611.xml

That last one mentions a bunch of "D" sponsors, including your friend
Hillary. Perhaps she can use your case as an example of how it takes a
village to save a survivalist. :-)

But why are you only just now beginning to research how to save on
prescriptions? Seems like your wife and kid should be able to give you
the skinny, unless.....

Wayne

Lawrence Glickman June 23rd 04 03:23 PM

Gunner's medical bills

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 13:31:05 GMT, Shamu's Secret
wrote:

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 00:56:25 GMT, wmbjk
wrote:

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 19:38:42 -0500, Lawrence Glickman
wrote:

Gunner was in the water going down. The Good Ship Welfare came along
and tossed him a lifeline. He grabbed it. He is alive for doing so.
Isn't that what Survivalism is all about?

I thought you had to be willing to eat live mice or some such to
qualify as a survivalist. But now everybody who's on welfare is a
member of the club? I didn't think the survivalist NG was looking for
so many new members. :-)

Wayne

You have to be both,
sucking at the public tit,
and have a stash of gunz too!

You know this song?

Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk,
I'm a woman's man: no time to talk.
Music loud and women warm, I've been kicked around
since I was born.
And now it's all right. It's OK.
And you may look the other way.
We can try to understand
the New York Time's effect on man.

Whether you're a brother or whether you're a mother,
you're stayin' alive, stayin' alive.
Feel the city breakin' and everybody shakin',
and we're stayin' alive, stayin' alive.
Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin' alive, stayin' alive.
Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin' alive.

Well now, I get low and I get high,
and if I can't get either, I really try.
Got the wings of heaven on my shoes.
I'm a dancin' man and I just can't lose.
You know it's all right. It's OK.
I'll live to see another day.
We can try to understand
the New York Time's effect on man.

Whether you're a brother or whether you're a mother,
you're stayin' alive, stayin' alive.
Feel the city breakin' and everybody shakin',
and we're stayin' alive, stayin' alive.
Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin' alive, stayin' alive.
Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin' alive.

Life goin' nowhere. Somebody help me.
Somebody help me, yeah.
Life goin' nowhere. Somebody help me.
Somebody help me yeah. Stayin' alive.

Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk,
I'm a woman's man: no time to talk.
Music loud and women warm, I've been kicked around
since I was born.
And now it's all right. It's OK.
And you may look the other way.
We can try to understand
the New York Time's effect on man.

Whether you're a brother or whether you're a mother,
you're stayin' alive, stayin' alive.
Feel the city breakin' and everybody shakin',
and we're stayin' alive, stayin' alive.
Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin' alive, stayin' alive.
Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin' alive.

Life goin' nowhere. Somebody help me.
Somebody help me, yeah.
Life goin' nowhere. Somebody help me yeah.
I'm Stayin' alive.

This is what the **** it is all about, whether you're a brother or
whether you're a mother

You do it the nice way or the nasty way, but this is the g*damn bottom
****ing line. I've done the math.

Lg

wmbjk June 23rd 04 03:52 PM

Gunner's medical bills

================================================= =========

=============================================== =

This is what the **** it is all about, whether you're a brother or
whether you're a mother

You do it the nice way or the nasty way, but this is the g*damn bottom
****ing line. I've done the math.

Lg

On a list of survival supplies, which is more important: platform
shoes or Mountain Dew? :-)

Wayne

Lawrence Glickman June 23rd 04 03:57 PM

Gunner's medical bills

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 14:52:47 GMT, wmbjk
wrote:

On a list of survival supplies, which is more important: platform
shoes or Mountain Dew? :-)

Wayne

Mountain Dew ( hydration )

jim rozen June 23rd 04 04:35 PM

Gunner's medical bills

In article , Gary Coffman says...

Perhaps we'll be able to strike a political balance that will ease our
discomfort and mollify our philosophical objections. But given our
experience with other government programs, I'm dubious. I'm almost
certain we'd wind up with a medical black market that many of us
would patronize by choice in order to avoid entanglements with the
government bureaucracy, even though such back alley medicine
would likely be much higher risk.

I think pretty soon consumers will start outsourcing medical
care as well. I'm suprised that doctors have not set up clinics
in mexico or canada, catering to the US clientel.

It's now a global economy so I bet some of that stuff is going
to offshore.

Jim

please reply to:

Tim May June 23rd 04 04:59 PM

Gunner's medical bills

In article WvdCc.92417$eu.56715@attbi_s02, Ryan
wrote:

"Santa Cruz Mike" wrote in message

Tim.... slavery was outlawed a hundred years ago...

Saying "Work for money" (which can be used to buy things such as food and
shelter) is not slavery. This country is doomed. So many people like you
thinking people have a 'right' to free money and that they should never be
cut off. I think I am find making my $40K/year. I think the system is
great. It will finally fail and crumble. As more and more middle class
folks are taxed out of their homes the more likely others are to just quit
paying their taxes. Either by taking up other side jobs and not paying
taxes, or by waiting to great the tax man coming to take the home with an
AR-15.

What a great future SC Mike and others have built for us. Do nothing, get a
check. Work your ass off, get ****ed.

If you have "excess" money, it should be redistributed to those who
"cannot work" (too tired to get up in the morning, didn't learn
anything in school, don't like wearing silly "Hot Dog Place" uniforms,
studied "Womyn's Studies" and no jobs in corporations, etc.).

This is the system being increasingly espoused. As a nation, we are
doomed. As survivalists, some of us will make it through to the other
side.

--Tim May

Santa Cruz Mike June 23rd 04 05:49 PM

The New Gunner: "If it's legal, it's legal, so quit yer bitchin'"

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 10:52:08 GMT, "Ryan" wrote:

"Tim May" wrote in message
t...

A pity we wasted so many thousands of posts reading the Old Gunner's
views, no longer held by the New Gunner.

Sounds like the New Gunner has used the Constitution for toilet paper.
"They say saying anything bad about Bush and/or Kerry is now illegal. So
it's illegal and it's the law."

Good thing our founders didn't follow this logic that came from the crown.
I am sure Gunner will be the first person to turn in all his guns when
California finally bans them all.

Does Ryan really love that old contstitution.. or you fancy ideas of
what it meant??

Mike

It is the right as well as the Duty of all men in society,
publickly and at stated seasons to worship the
Supreme Being, the great Creator and preserver of the
Universe. And no Subject shall be hurt, molested or restrained
in his person, Liberty or Estate, for worshipping God
in the manner and season most agreeable to the Dictates
of his own conscience, or for his religious profession
or sentiments, provided he doth not disturb the public
peace, or obstruct others in their religious worship.
State Constitution 1776
III. As the happiness of a people, and the good order
and preservation of a civil government, essentially
depend upon piety, religion and morality; and as these
cannot be generally diffused through a Community, but
by the institution of the public Worship of God,
and of public instructions in piety, religion and
morality: Therefore, to promote their happiness and
to secure the good order and preservation of their
government, the people of this Commonwealth have a
right to invest their legislature with power to authorize
and require, and the legislature shall, from time to
time, authorize and require, the several Towns, parishes,
precincts and other bodies politic, or religious societies,
to make suitable provision, at their own Expense, for the institution
of Public worship of God, and for the support and maintenance of
public protestant teachers of piety, religion and morality, in all
cases where such provision shall not be made voluntarily.

Santa Cruz Mike June 23rd 04 05:57 PM

Gunner's medical bills

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 11:30:15 GMT, Myal wrote:

[...]

You wackos are like a yo yo... up and down.. one extreme to another...
a modern society shares the burden and cost of many things... we
share the cost and burden or roads, water systems, sewer systems,
education systems, higher education systems, health cares, police
protection, judiciary system...

You want anarchy, and a life like Mad Max or some third world country
so you can further elevate yourself above the masses while hurling
insulats and accusations against the poor.. who put you there..

Do you ever give you kids anyuthing.. or do you treat the harshly so
you can toughen their hearts and make them like you... Do gather your
kids around and stomp a little kitten under your heel so they can see
the resullts of weak entitiy?

Go spit on a homeless person to day... feel like a big man..

MIke

Santa Cruz Mike June 23rd 04 06:04 PM

Gunner's medical bills

wrote:

[...]

Who said anything about redistribution... your earned it.. it's
yourse.. do as you please.... but don't look down on others who are
less fortunate and not as smart are you!

That's the point Tim... we live in a county and country.. where you
can be selfish, stingy, and anything else you want to be.... that is
fine... But don't you think there is something twisted about being
angry at those on the low end of the food chain....?

You live in so much fear of being poor... of losing everything.. you
are like a rabid dog....

Get off your ass.. buy some radio time.. promote your ideas... make a
difference instead of being some bully on the internet...

Or...hmmm... maybe you are safer.. and more comfortable ****ing your
life away as a whiner and complainer...

MIke

Ed Huntress June 23rd 04 06:10 PM

Gunner's medical bills

"Tim May" wrote in message

This is the system being increasingly espoused. As a nation, we are
doomed. As survivalists, some of us will make it through to the other
side.

--Tim May

For which some of us are tempted to say -- but we'll restrain ourselves --
that we wish you a speedy trip to the other side (the sooner the better,
don't wait on our account, please) where you can establish a new society, a
new culture...even a new cuisine, based on 'possum jerky and peanut butter.

Hey, Tim, what's this jumping on Gunner right after he gets out of the
hospital? What kind of a sick mind would do a thing like that, anyway?

If Gunner is annoying you, do what I did. I plonked him a couple of weeks
ago. I like Gunner, but he was bugging the hell out of me. So now I don't
get mad. When I'm more relaxed, I'll un-plonk him.

I highly recommend it. It doesn't look like you can afford to push the
stress issues too far yourself, anyway. You'll feel better, you'll enjoy
yourself, and you won't take this online stuff too seriously.

You might try asking yourself this: Who the hell cares what you think,
anyway? Nobody really cares what I think. You just take the ideas and kick
them around. That's all that's going on here. This is NOT the other side.

Relax, enjoy...it's June, get outside. And leave your laptop indoors. d8-)

(And if you can't do that, at least, please, delete the
rec.crafts.metalworking from the NG list you're posting to.)

Ed Huntress

Spehro Pefhany June 23rd 04 06:12 PM

Gunner's medical bills

On 23 Jun 2004 08:35:04 -0700, the renowned jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gary Coffman says...

Perhaps we'll be able to strike a political balance that will ease our
discomfort and mollify our philosophical objections. But given our
experience with other government programs, I'm dubious. I'm almost
certain we'd wind up with a medical black market that many of us
would patronize by choice in order to avoid entanglements with the
government bureaucracy, even though such back alley medicine
would likely be much higher risk.

I think pretty soon consumers will start outsourcing medical
care as well. I'm suprised that doctors have not set up clinics
in mexico or canada, catering to the US clientel.

There's people travelling to Eastern Europe from Western Europe to get
plastic surgery cheap. The laser vision thing is (was?) much cheaper
in Canada than in the US, so a lot of people were popping up for that.

Expect to see/read many more horror stories about how things have gone
wrong- not that they don't if you stay at home- it's the only way the
local doctors can protect themselves.

It's now a global economy so I bet some of that stuff is going
to offshore.

Yup.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Tim May June 23rd 04 06:51 PM

Gunner's medical bills

wrote:

Who said anything about redistribution... your earned it.. it's
yourse.. do as you please....

This is hardly consistent with your calls for higher taxes, especially
for your calls for 50% tax rates on capital gains (and the State of
California would then tax at the 25% rate, based on the last 50 years
of tracking data).

So, my capital gains are not "mine," contradicting your point above.

And since a lot of my taxes goes to welfare people, nonworking
deadbeats such as we have just been hearing about, subsides, transfer
payments, etc., I sure as hell DO call this "redistribution."

but don't look down on others who are
less fortunate and not as smart are you!

They aren't "less fortunate," they are bums.

They whine about there being no jobs, but they collect in the coastal
resort towns where OF COURSE there are not the kinds of jobs they think
they deserve.

(And even here in Santa Cruz, there are plenty of hard-working people
who get up at 5 a.m., put on their Denny's uniform, and are Denny's for
the breakfast rush. And making $7.75 a hour. But do the "less
fortunate" do these jobs? Look at the number of "Help Wanted" signs
around town...I just saw a bunch on 41st Ave. a few days ago.)

"Less fortunate" is a liberal code phrase for "bums."

Get off your ass.. buy some radio time.. promote your ideas... make a
difference instead of being some bully on the internet...

Nonsense. I devised the steganographic image scheme now being used by
freedom fighters around the world. I proposed the architecture for the
anonymous remailers in wide use around the world. I co-founded the
Cypherpunks crytography group, about which much is available online.
(Read Steven Levy's article on "Crypto Rebels" in the second issue of
"Wired," the cover story, back in early 1993. Then repeat again that I
am doing nothing.)

As for buying time on local radio, don't tell me how to spend (and
waste) my money by ****ing it away on local radio spots.

--Tim May

PrecisionMachinisT June 23rd 04 07:15 PM

Gunner's medical bills

"Tim May" wrote in message

As for buying time on local radio, don't tell me how to spend (and
waste) my money by ****ing it away on local radio spots.

.....LOL....

It's a free country, and Mikey here has every right to tell you to go pound
sand up your ass if he wants too!!!

It's entirely up to YOU whether to actually do it or not.....so suggest
perhaps YOU try quitting with the trying to tell others what to do and how
to run their own lives.

--

SVL

wmbjk June 23rd 04 07:18 PM

Gunner's medical bills

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 17:10:37 GMT, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

Hey, Tim, what's this jumping on Gunner right after he gets out of the
hospital?

An intervention? :-)

Ed, since you have Gunner plonked, you might not realize that
(according to Google just now) he has posted over 200 times between
the 19th and the 22nd. I've only seen the stuff on RCM, which
unsurprisingly includes the usual derision and thinly-veiled threats.
Perhaps his doctor prescribed this as "therapy". :-) Regardless, if
Gunner wanted any quiet time, he'd be doing something other than
stepping up the same-old same-old. My guess is that if you could see
through the cloud of smoke, he's happily banging away on a keyboard in
his lap. But if he needs a handicap during his recovery, he's welcome
to plonk all of Usenet and just post away unmolested by replies. :-)

Wayne

Ed Huntress June 23rd 04 08:38 PM

Gunner's medical bills

"wmbjk" wrote in message

My guess is that if you could see
through the cloud of smoke, he's happily banging away on a keyboard in
his lap. But if he needs a handicap during his recovery, he's welcome
to plonk all of Usenet and just post away unmolested by replies. :-)

Hey, maybe that's not a bad idea...g

Regardless, it looks like Tim is taking the opportunity of some misfortune
for Gunner to hammer him with his nutbag ideology. No doubt Gunner is
responding with *his* nutbag ideology.

But if there was a better illustration of the perversity of these arguments
and the effects of ideological obsession upon the character of the people
who hold such positions, it's hard to think of a clearer one than this.

--
Ed Huntress
(remove "3" from email address for email reply)

Gunner June 23rd 04 08:38 PM

Gunner's medical bills

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 08:33:40 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

Ive stocked Amoxycillian etc etc from the feed and grain store for
many years. I just dont recall seeing Paxil, a

errata..that should have been Plavix.

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell

Guido June 23rd 04 09:05 PM

Gunner's medical bills

Tim May wrote:

wrote:

Who said anything about redistribution... your earned it.. it's
yourse.. do as you please....

This is hardly consistent with your calls for higher taxes, especially
for your calls for 50% tax rates on capital gains (and the State of
California would then tax at the 25% rate, based on the last 50 years
of tracking data).

"While it is a moot question whether the origin of any
kind of property is derived from Nature at all ... it
is considered by those who have seriously considered the
subject, that no one has, of natural right, a separate
property in an acre of land ... Stable ownership is the
gift of social law, and is given late in the progress of
society."
Thomas Jefferson

So, my capital gains are not "mine," contradicting your point above.

"Private property ... is a Creature of Society, and is
subject to the Calls of that Society, whenever its
Necessities shall require it, even to its last Farthing,
its contributors therefore to the public Exigencies are
not to be considered a Benefit on the Public, entitling
the Contributors to the Distinctions of Honor and Power,
but as the Return of an Obligation previously received,
or as payment for a just Debt."
Benjamin Franklin

And since a lot of my taxes goes to welfare people, nonworking
deadbeats such as we have just been hearing about, subsides, transfer
payments, etc., I sure as hell DO call this "redistribution."

"All property, indeed, except the savage's temporary
cabin, his bow, his matchcoat and other little
Acquisitions absolutely necessary for his Subsistence,
seems to me to be the creature of public Convention.
Hence, the public has the rights of regulating Descents,
and all other Conveyances of Property, and even of
limiting the quantity and uses of it. All the property
that is necessary to a man is his natural Right, which
none may justly deprive him of, but all Property
superfluous to such Purposes is the property of the
Public who, by their Laws have created it and who may,
by other Laws dispose of it."
Benjamin Franklin

but don't look down on others who are
less fortunate and not as smart are you!

They aren't "less fortunate," they are bums.

"... legislators cannot invent too many devices for
subdividing property... Another means of silently
lessening the inequality of property is to exempt all
from taxation below a certain point, and to tax the
higher portions or property in geometrical progression
as they rise. Whenever there are in any country
uncultivated lands and unemployed poor, it is clear that
the laws of property have been so far extended as to
violate natural right."
Thomas Jefferson (in a letter to James Madison), 1785

They whine about there being no jobs, but they collect in the coastal
resort towns where OF COURSE there are not the kinds of jobs they think
they deserve.

(And even here in Santa Cruz, there are plenty of hard-working people
who get up at 5 a.m., put on their Denny's uniform, and are Denny's for
the breakfast rush. And making $7.75 a hour. But do the "less
fortunate" do these jobs? Look at the number of "Help Wanted" signs
around town...I just saw a bunch on 41st Ave. a few days ago.)

"Less fortunate" is a liberal code phrase for "bums."

"The subjects of every state ought to contribute toward
the support of the government, as nearly as possible, in
proportion to their respective abilities; that is, in
proportion to the revenue which they respectively enjoy
under the protection of the state ....[As Henry Home
(Lord Kames) has written, a goal of taxation should be
to] 'remedy inequality of riches as much as possible, by
relieving the poor and burdening the rich.'"
Adam Smith

Guido June 23rd 04 09:14 PM

Gunner's medical bills

Tim May wrote:

In article , PrecisionMachinisT
wrote:

"Santa Cruz Mike" wrote in message
. ..

Oops.. then the rich could not get rich.....

Bingo!!!

All of Gunner's newfound leftie friends are crawling out of the
woodwork.

Sounds more like pest control.

Guido June 23rd 04 09:23 PM

Gunner's medical bills

Gary Coffman wrote:

As example, I recently had a nasty bacterial infection. The doctor prescribed
Levaquin. Eckerd wanted $78 for 10 tabs. I went to the Gold Kist co-op store
and paid $4 for 25 tabs of an equivalent generic quinolone. Took 1 a day for
10 days as directed, infection cured. Flushed the other 15 pills since old
meds can be bad juju.

So is flushing anibiotics. Unused anibiotics should be
disposed of properly.
http://www.healthy.net/scr/news.asp?id=9298

Bart D. Hull June 23rd 04 09:26 PM

Gunner's medical bills - Mexican dental and medical.

Jim,
There is already a booming business for uninsured going down
to Mexico for dental and medical work. Much cheaper and a lot less
B.S. than the U.S. dentists.

(Ever try to get a U.S. dentist to clean your teeth and fill a cavity
or two on the same visit? Yep, getting screwed out of my valuable time
by a dentist that wants to hit the insurance for multiple visits.)

If you plan it right you can get your medical checkup, any meds you might
need and your dental work all in one day trip to Mexico.

There are a few doctors and dentists here in Arizona that only accept cash
and have a much lower fee scale as they reduce their front office staff to
a single receptionist.

Bart D. Hull

Tempe, Arizona

Check
http://www.inficad.com/~bdhull/engine.html
for my Subaru Engine Conversion
Check http://www.inficad.com/~bdhull/fuselage.html
for Tango II I'm building.

Remove -nospam to reply via email.

jim rozen wrote:

In article , Gary Coffman says...

Perhaps we'll be able to strike a political balance that will ease our
discomfort and mollify our philosophical objections. But given our
experience with other government programs, I'm dubious. I'm almost
certain we'd wind up with a medical black market that many of us
would patronize by choice in order to avoid entanglements with the
government bureaucracy, even though such back alley medicine
would likely be much higher risk.

I think pretty soon consumers will start outsourcing medical
care as well. I'm suprised that doctors have not set up clinics
in mexico or canada, catering to the US clientel.

It's now a global economy so I bet some of that stuff is going
to offshore.

Jim

================================================= =
please reply to:
================================================= =

wmbjk June 23rd 04 09:32 PM

Gunner's medical bills

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 19:38:24 GMT, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"wmbjk" wrote in message
.. .

My guess is that if you could see
through the cloud of smoke, he's happily banging away on a keyboard in
his lap. But if he needs a handicap during his recovery, he's welcome
to plonk all of Usenet and just post away unmolested by replies. :-)

Hey, maybe that's not a bad idea...g

Regardless, it looks like Tim is taking the opportunity of some misfortune
for Gunner to hammer him with his nutbag ideology. No doubt Gunner is
responding with *his* nutbag ideology.

But if there was a better illustration of the perversity of these arguments
and the effects of ideological obsession upon the character of the people
who hold such positions, it's hard to think of a clearer one than this.

Yup. Could get interesting too - if the docs knew about Gunner's
Internet addiction and failed to prescribe treatment for it, then
perhaps he has cause for a malpractice suit. If successful, it would
lead to the further expansion of the definition of the term
"survivalist". Might have to come up with a new term.... Super
Survivalist? :-) To be fair he'd owe Tim a commission though. :-(

Wayne

Guido June 23rd 04 09:43 PM

Gunner's medical bills

Gunner wrote:

Ive stocked Amoxycillian etc etc from the feed and grain store for
many years. I just dont recall seeing Paxil, and the rest of the stuff
in there. Survivalists tend to go that route for those types of meds,
fish meds, etc. Looking around, seems my 4 daily meds are gonna cost
me $400 a month. No can do.

In the UK each prescription item costs £6.10, but you can
also prepay £91.80 for the year which covers you for all
items in a 12 month period. For certain groups like
children, pregnant mothers, pensioners, and welfare the
items are free.

Gunner June 23rd 04 09:55 PM

Gunner's medical bills

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 21:43:05 +0100, Guido wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Ive stocked Amoxycillian etc etc from the feed and grain store for
many years. I just dont recall seeing Paxil, and the rest of the stuff
in there. Survivalists tend to go that route for those types of meds,
fish meds, etc. Looking around, seems my 4 daily meds are gonna cost
me $400 a month. No can do.

In the UK each prescription item costs £6.10, but you can
also prepay £91.80 for the year which covers you for all
items in a 12 month period. For certain groups like
children, pregnant mothers, pensioners, and welfare the
items are free.

Good for the UK. Not going to do me much good, unless you ship.

Gunner

Lennie the Lurker June 23rd 04 10:07 PM

Gunner's medical bills

"Joel Corwith" wrote in message ...
Wow, I rate 2 posts, thought I was filtered.

It's not a metal thread Richard. Perhaps you noticed that when you spewed
your hate filled crap.

Too bad you can't afford to fly, guess metalworking wasn't the wisest career
choice?

I chose metalworking over flying for many reasons, most of which you
are incapable of understanding, junior.

What's next, those
running CNC machines aren't really machinists?

IF they are, why is their rate of pay some 30% below mine?

First kid, mr. model rocket/lego? and you propose to tell a man at
least twice your age how the world works? Come back when it's dry
behind your ears, punk.

Lennie the Lurker June 23rd 04 10:13 PM

Gunner's medical bills

"Joel Corwith" wrote in message ...
Sorry Richard, you're no better than Tim.

Tim is not in my killfile, you are when I'm not using google. (Saving
the bandwidth for alt.binaries.sounds.midi)

Guido June 23rd 04 10:22 PM

Gunner's medical bills

Gunner wrote:

Ive stocked Amoxycillian etc etc from the feed and grain store for
many years. I just dont recall seeing Paxil, and the rest of the stuff
in there. Survivalists tend to go that route for those types of meds,
fish meds, etc. Looking around, seems my 4 daily meds are gonna cost
me $400 a month. No can do.

In the UK each prescription item costs £6.10, but you can
also prepay £91.80 for the year which covers you for all
items in a 12 month period. For certain groups like
children, pregnant mothers, pensioners, and welfare the
items are free.

Good for the UK. Not going to do me much good, unless you ship.

Sorry you have to be a resident socialist.

Insurance contributions last year £2600 (which also goes
towards state pension), employer contributions £3700.

jim rozen June 23rd 04 10:52 PM

Gunner's medical bills - Mexican dental and medical.

In article , Bart D. Hull says...

Jim,
There is already a booming business for uninsured going down
to Mexico for dental and medical work. Much cheaper and a lot less
B.S. than the U.S. dentists.

(Ever try to get a U.S. dentist to clean your teeth and fill a cavity
or two on the same visit? Yep, getting screwed out of my valuable time
by a dentist that wants to hit the insurance for multiple visits.)

I've had that done here in Peekskill where I live on occasion.
But most dentists will charge per filling, and also per cleaning.
There's no break on it just because it's the same visit to the
office.

If you plan it right you can get your medical checkup, any meds you might
need and your dental work all in one day trip to Mexico.

There are a few doctors and dentists here in Arizona that only accept cash
and have a much lower fee scale as they reduce their front office staff to
a single receptionist.

I think the dental office I use typically has only one receptionist.
There are two of them, but only one there at any time.

My grandmother was the receptionist, nurse, dental assistant - all
rolled into one - for my grandfather.

She told me that kids would show up to get their baby teeth pulled,
and would have the money with them for it. She would say "would
you like to keep the money?" and the kids would say 'yes!'

And she claims that she would just reach in their mouth and
pull the tooth by hand. How times have changed....

Jim

please reply to:

Gunner June 23rd 04 10:52 PM

Gunner's medical bills

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 22:22:36 +0100, Guido wrote:

In the UK each prescription item costs £6.10, but you can
also prepay £91.80 for the year which covers you for all
items in a 12 month period. For certain groups like
children, pregnant mothers, pensioners, and welfare the
items are free.

Good for the UK. Not going to do me much good, unless you ship.

Sorry you have to be a resident socialist.

Insurance contributions last year £2600 (which also goes
towards state pension), employer contributions £3700.

How about Lend Lease in reverse?

Gunner

Jim Kovar June 23rd 04 11:39 PM

Gunner's medical bills - Mexican dental and medical.

In article , says...
In article , Bart D. Hull says...

Jim,
There is already a booming business for uninsured going down
to Mexico for dental and medical work. Much cheaper and a lot less
B.S. than the U.S. dentists.

I tried "do-it-yourself" dentistry quite a few years back when I was
starting my business and had little money. I had a tooth that was aching
to no end, I even tried drinking a pint of Jack Daniels to slow down the
pain. Didn't work. Went out to the shop, got a pair of needle nose vise
grips, and clamped on to the tooth. The s.o.b. snapped off flush with my
gum line and literally brought me to my knees seeing stars and flashes.
Ended up going to the dentist anyway because I could no longer get a
grip on it. I'll NEVER,EVER try that again.

Jim Kovar
Vulcan, Mi

PrecisionMachinisT June 23rd 04 11:50 PM

Gunner's medical bills

"Tim May" wrote in message

And don't post when you're drunk

http://www.wagenschenke.ch/

--

SVL

Myal June 24th 04 12:10 AM

Gunner's medical bills

Santa Cruz Mike wrote in
:

[...]

ROTFL!

I dont have kids of my own , but I do look after the kids in my care very
well .

I wont spit on a homeless person , ... I been in his shoes long enough to
know better .

As for swinging from one extreme to another ... I dont get what you mean
..

I love bludging , its my way of life right now.....

jim rozen June 24th 04 12:17 AM

Gunner's medical bills - Mexican dental and medical.

In article , Jim Kovar says...

I tried "do-it-yourself" dentistry quite a few years back when I was
starting my business and had little money. I had a tooth that was aching
to no end, I even tried drinking a pint of Jack Daniels to slow down the
pain. Didn't work. Went out to the shop, got a pair of needle nose vise
grips, and clamped on to the tooth. The s.o.b. snapped off flush with my
gum line and literally brought me to my knees seeing stars and flashes.
Ended up going to the dentist anyway because I could no longer get a
grip on it. I'll NEVER,EVER try that again.

AAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhGHHHHHH!!!!!

Please put a warning in the subject line next time~!

Jim

please reply to:

Joel Corwith June 24th 04 12:17 AM

Gunner's medical bills

Hey, nice name calling. From searching google, I guess that's all you've
amounted to in your advanced years. Bitter old fart sure fits you, doesn't
it. Problem with anger is it not only effects you and your family, but the
community. But then you don't really care about community as exhibited in
your posting style. Like a drunk, unable to recognize your condition. It's
funny you don't get a clue from the people in the aircraft groups, even
Michael in this group. But NO, it's just me,... harhar

Wow, keep bragging about your pay and how much better you are than others,
you make a good conservative bigot.

Joel. phx

Oh and please, pretend to insult me some more by calling me Californian or
conservative. Heck even 'punk'. Ouch, that hurt, boohoo. Here's one -
Lego kid. Wait, wait rocket boy,.. I know I know Lego rocket junior.... Or
or or rocket legoland blacksmith disneyland jewelry california conservative
punk. That will hurt my feelings...

om...

Joel Corwith June 24th 04 12:22 AM

Gunner's medical bills

"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article , Gary Coffman

says...

Perhaps we'll be able to strike a political balance that will ease our
discomfort and mollify our philosophical objections. But given our
experience with other government programs, I'm dubious. I'm almost
certain we'd wind up with a medical black market that many of us
would patronize by choice in order to avoid entanglements with the
government bureaucracy, even though such back alley medicine
would likely be much higher risk.

I think pretty soon consumers will start outsourcing medical
care as well. I'm suprised that doctors have not set up clinics
in mexico or canada, catering to the US clientel.

I knew of one doctor that had a kid in Mexico so they could purchase
property in his name. I too would be surprised if medical didn't go that
way soon. The babyboomers are going to kill the system here in a few years.

It's now a global economy so I bet some of that stuff is going
to offshore.

Didn't people use to go off shore for the cosmetic surgeries?

Joel. phx

Jim

please reply to:

Alan Moore June 24th 04 01:57 AM

The New Gunner: "If it's legal, it's legal, so quit yer bitchin'"

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 20:35:03 -0700, Tim May
wrote:

The New Gunner wrote:

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 00:54:22 GMT, "Ryan" wrote:

"Ignoramus11028" wrote in message

Why. The handout is given to me legally.

With money stolen from me illegally.

If its legal..its not illegal. Dont like it, change the law.

So now we see the bottom line: if it's legal, it's legal, and people
shouldn't complain.

Correction. If it's legal, it's legal, and if you want to complain,
you should refrain from calling it illegal.

After all, your right to complain is enshrined in the bill of rights.
But it won't do you any good to complain if you undercut yourself by
denying reality.

Al Moore

Santa Cruz Mike June 24th 04 02:59 AM

Gunner's medical bills

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 10:51:43 -0700, Tim May
wrote:

Nonsense. I devised the steganographic image scheme now being used by
freedom fighters around the world. I proposed the architecture for the
anonymous remailers in wide use around the world. I co-founded the
Cypherpunks crytography group, about which much is available online.
(Read Steven Levy's article on "Crypto Rebels" in the second issue of
"Wired," the cover story, back in early 1993. Then repeat again that I
am doing nothing.)

As for buying time on local radio, don't tell me how to spend (and
waste) my money by ****ing it away on local radio spots.

--Tim May

Will the real Tim May please stand up:

"Personally, my belief is that anyone who tells me
whom I must hire, based on race on sex or gender
or lifestyle or anything else, needs killing."

-- Tim May, Mon., 04 Aug 1997

Ned Simmons June 24th 04 03:02 AM

Gunner's medical bills - Mexican dental and medical.

In article ,
says...
Jim,
There is already a booming business for uninsured going down
to Mexico for dental and medical work. Much cheaper and a lot less
B.S. than the U.S. dentists.

(Ever try to get a U.S. dentist to clean your teeth and fill a cavity
or two on the same visit? Yep, getting screwed out of my valuable time
by a dentist that wants to hit the insurance for multiple visits.)

Yes, my dentist will if he has time before his next
appointment. And he does the cleaning, x-rays and checkup
personally. Excellent technician, but not much personality-
we've nicknamed him Dr. HaHa after Mr. HaHa Jones from a
Truman Capote story. I'm dreading the day he retires.

Ned Simmons